Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Yes! Thanks for posting. Same issues here. Can't seem to efile with the schedule C forms.

Can’t e-file schedule C

Schedule C shows a gain...still unable to efile

Can’t e-file schedule C

Same here:  my Schedule C shows income, not loss, and I am still unable to efile.

Can’t e-file schedule C

@SifuBrian wrote:

Schedule C shows a gain...still unable to efile

See this TurboTax support FAQ and sign up to be notified when the problem is corrected - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/getting-return-contain...

HAFSA

Can’t e-file schedule C

YEP! I have the same issue. called customer care 7 times and they still don't  know why it is happening. I am so over it. I went to taxslyer and it allowed me to file. i still have to do my son who also needs a schedule C so I need them to fix it ASAP

A62574

Can’t e-file schedule C

I was on with turbo tax yesterday for two hours and they finally called a supervisor who told them to tell me it was an issue with forms that wouldnt be available until the  31st…..i suspect they have no idea and just wanted me to go away.  Im pretty mad.  Been a turbo tax customer for years and each year their software gets worse.  I think this is the last straw for me.

Can’t e-file schedule C

@A62574 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the problem and sign up to be notified when it is corrected - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/getting-return-contain...

Can’t e-file schedule C

Well, today is Jan 30th and I'm sill unable to e file so there goes that theory...

Can’t e-file schedule C

Thanks for posting this so I know it wasn't anything I was doing or did wrong. TurboTax support was clueless. I can confirm it is a system wide issue and decided to use a competitor which successfully transmitted my e-file with my schedule C which was accepted by the IRS. In case anyone wants to go the same route here is the refund link  https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oirr

Can’t e-file schedule C

its january 31st and i am still not able to E-file my tax return with my income from my schedule c form. When I remove the schedule C it is allowing me to efile. Other credits such as the residential energy credit and non cash contribution credits have a date listed that they won't be ready until 2/7 the Schedule C does not list a date it simply says you must mail in your return. Also when I check the form ready list it says the Schedule C form is ready for efiling. So is anyone else having this issue or have any insight as to why this is happening? For reference I am using the software version Turbo Tax Deluxe

Can’t e-file schedule C

@ blove wrote:

its january 31st and i am still not able to E-file my tax return with my income from my schedule c form. When I remove the schedule C it is allowing me to efile. Other credits such as the residential energy credit and non cash contribution credits have a date listed that they won't be ready until 2/7 the Schedule C does not list a date it simply says you must mail in your return. Also when I check the form ready list it says the Schedule C form is ready for efiling. So is anyone else having this issue or have any insight as to why this is happening? For reference I am using the software version Turbo Tax Deluxe

This is a known problem for desktop users with Schedule C.   I don't know if it's the Schedule C itself or a related form that flows to Schedule C that is causing the problem.  Wait for the fix, and do not file your return by mail; that can delay its processing by weeks.   TurboTax is aware of the problem and is working on it.  If lucky, maybe the fix will be included in this week's update, which typically occurs overnight on early Thursday mornings.

See this TurboTax FAQ, where you can sign up for notifications.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/getting-return-contain...

dsig
Returning Member

Can’t e-file schedule C

What about e-filing without the Schedule C information and then, after receiving a refund, filing an amended return including Schedule C, by paper if necessary, and paying whatever extra tax is owed?

Can’t e-file schedule C

Hi,

Yes everyone is having this issue.  There are countless entries in the Community string.  As of this writing, I myself have checked again to see if this has been corrected yet.  It has not.  Not sure of an ETA, but there does not seem to be a sense of urgency?  One person had posted that they got a response for the CEO of TT and he is directly involved?  Hang tough as all of us are.  Other option is many have gone to other SW solutions.  Issue with that is if you have a lot of history that imports over to each year of TT?

Can’t e-file schedule C

@JoelB See this TurboTax support FAQ for the problem and sign up to be notified when corrected - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/getting-return-contain...

Can’t e-file schedule C

I was wondering for those of you that have gone on to  use another piece of SW to do your return that had no issues with it to eFile, can you share with us (Using Home and Business) if it allowed you to migrate your previous years TT file over to the one you chose to use for 2023.  There are lots of entries that some of us have from previous years of TT use that would be very laborious to have to enter everything that carries over.  Examples:  Business depreciation, carry overs of amounts previously entered, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies