turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Can anyone tell me how to fill out lines 13-20 on form 8379? I am so confused and can't find answers nowhere!

Because California is a community property state, for the most part you would want to divide most in half- other than exemptions which you could divide as you want per agreement unless the children are not yours.

@Mslisa 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Stells502

Can anyone tell me how to fill out lines 13-20 on form 8379? I am so confused and can't find answers nowhere!

I need help with the same thing 

Ripper

Thank you. Line 20 isn't very well described in the IRS instructions if utilizing 1040 (2019). Appreciate the answer.

Just need help step by step on filling put the lines from 13 to 20

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Here are the instructions for the form 8379 for the Injured Spouse Allocation.  Generally, you will enter the joint amount of each item in column A.  The amount that belongs to the taxpayer on the return in column B and the amount that belongs to the spouse on the return in column C.  The amounts in columns B and C should total column A.  The amounts in columns B and C would be the amounts assuming each person filed a separate return.

In this forum no one can see your return.  So if you need step-by-step instructions and you have purchased a "Live" product you can access help in the upper right of your screen to get step-by-step instructions. 

You can also upgrade to "Live" if you wish also in the upper right of your screen.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies