turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2020 1065 K1 availability

I am trying to finish my business taxes for our partnership and get my partners their K1s from 2020, TT for Business keeps showing me that the Form is "available soon".  According to the chart, I should have been able to utilize the 1065 K-1 form on 2/4.  Turbo Tax Business is still showing me "Ready Soon".  Meanwhile we are receiving K1s from other partnerships but I can't get our group's out to people.  It's embarrassing, frustrating and bad for business.  I thought when I updated this morning that the update was the K1s, but it was not.  When will the forms ACTUALLY be available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

@tlgrevelis wrote:

When will the forms ACTUALLY be available?

Hopefully, 2/11/2021.

See https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_fed_windows_partne...

Thanks, but here is a copy from what that chart says directly from the link you posted:

"Form 1065 Schedule K-1, Partner's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
02/04/2021
02/04/2021"

Your answer says "hopefully 2/11". I'm receiving K1s from other sources.

I was under the impression you meant all of the forms that are required to be filed for a partnership return.

It is probably best to wait until Form 1065 is officially released in a TurboTax update before issuing K-1s.

per link

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_fed_windows_partne... 

Form 1065, U.S. Return of Partnership Income (p4-5)
02/11/2021

DWe
Level 3

The IRS has 1065 forms available for 2020 so it doesn't make sense that they are not yet available in TurboTax.  

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1065.pdf

Please let me know when they are available so I can finish and file.

Thank you.

Exactly! Other sources that I receive K1s from got them out earlier this week and IRS site has shown them available for days.  I understand a little delay, but this is unacceptable.  I have partners waiting on me, they see that other places are getting their tax documents done and they are waiting on me to finish these up.  It's bad business that I have no control over...this year.  There are other options, however, for next year.

Today is 2/11/2021, and it still says "will be ready soon". Are there any updates?

There was an update released today for the personal, desktop products, so the update for the business product might be released sometime later today.

I will keep checking, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Identical situation for our partnership.

NO UPDATE AVAILABLE as of 12:00 PST 02/11/2020

How does one obtain a refund for lackluster program which FAILED to disclose this deficiency prior to purchase/download?

Embarassing.

-rm

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

For steps on how to request a refund for your TurboTax product please click the link below.

How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies