Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

michaelnaga06
Returning Member

1099-NEC

I am a Sole Proprietor and have paid a few independent contractors more than $600 this past year. Does TurboTax complete the 1099-NEC's for me? Including, sending them to the IRS? And, generating copies so that I can send to my contractors?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

1099-NEC

Does TurboTax complete the 1099-NEC's for me?   YOU complete them using the Quick Employer Forms tool.

Including, sending them to the IRS?  Yes they are efiled if YOU click on the efile button. 

And, generating copies so that I can send to my contractors?  Yes ... YOU will save the PDF copies and print them and either put them in the mail or hand them out. 

How to prepare 1099Misc & W2
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/how-do-i-create-w-2-and-1099-forms-in-turbotax/00/25869

michaelnaga06
Returning Member

1099-NEC

Can I do this separate from when I do my actual personal taxes or do they have to be at the same time?

1099-NEC

Yes they are totally separate.   You have to give out the 1099NEC before Jan 31.   Then you have to manually enter the total in your tax return Schedule C.   

Which version are you using? I can give you more details on how.

In the Online Self Employed version you use the Quick Employer Forms.  The forms are efiled to the IRS and you print and mail them to your contractors and employees.

In the Mac Home & Business Desktop version you use the Quick Employer Forms.  The forms are efiled to the IRS and you print and mail them to your contractors and employees.

In the Windows Home & Business Desktop program or the separate Business program you can prepare W2 & 1099 on your computer using the built in W2/1099 Reporter or online using the Quick Employer Forms. If you do them on your computer you have to mail the forms to the IRS yourself.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies