turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sunni_z

On Form 8995, box 1, is not pulling the correct description. My husband and I each have a Schedule C. The row for him is pulling an old description of MY Schedule C.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

On Form 8995, box 1, is not pulling the correct description. My husband and I each have a Schedule C. The row for him is pulling an old description of MY Schedule C.

Please check the Schedule C's listed under the Income & Expenses Tab in the Self Employment Income & Expense Section.

Choose Edit/Add and be sure your old business is not listed.  If it is and this business is no longer operating and had no depreciable assets, carryovers etc, you can choose the trash can and delete it.

After you have done this, if Form 8995 is still showing old information, please delete Form 8995 and any related worksheets, schedules and forms.  Be sure you delete it please make sure that you record or make note of any information that might be lost when you do that.

To delete the Form 8995:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the Form 8995 as well as any other schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

After deleting the form, be sure to go back and answer any applicable QBI questions to regenerate the QBI deduction.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MichelleLeeM
Returning Member

I have this same problem.  The solution from the expert seems to be addressing if you no longer have that business. That does not answer the question. The question that was asked had to do with the DESCRIPTION of the business.  Does form 8995 use the previous years information?   or are we not allowed to change the description of the business?

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

That Form 8995 should "pull" the description from the Schedule C entries for each business.  Assuming the Schedule C numbers didn't get entered on the wrong Schedule C form (i.e., they were "switched") then the Form 8995 in TurboTax did not populate correctly.  Delete the Form 8995 and TurboTax will then "recreate" it (because it is needed).  That should result in a correctly populated Form 8995 box 1.

If that does not resolve the issue, check to make sure information wasn't "switched" when the Schedule C information was entered this year. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies