• Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lunddon
Level 2

My stimulus submission to the IRS has my first name showing as my last name "Granaas J Granaas.? Will this affect the my IRS eligability?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

My stimulus submission to the IRS has my first name showing as my last name "Granaas J Granaas.? Will this affect the my IRS eligability?

My opinion is this will not matter.  The IRS matches the first 4 letters of your last name and the last 4 digits of your social security number.  You should not have an issue since your last name is correct.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

I would think so.  When e-filing a tax return, the IRS verifies the first few digits of the last name, the Social Security number and the date of birth.  

lunddon
Level 2

Thank you for the reply,

Should I contacted Turbotax and try to resubmit?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

My opinion is this will not matter.  The IRS matches the first 4 letters of your last name and the last 4 digits of your social security number.  You should not have an issue since your last name is correct.

View solution in original post

lunddon
Level 2

Thank you very much for responding.  I feel more comfortable.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?  Keep this link handy for COVID-19 and tax-related updates.  

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v