turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My stimulus submission to the IRS has my first name showing as my last name "Granaas J Granaas.? Will this affect the my IRS eligability?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

My stimulus submission to the IRS has my first name showing as my last name "Granaas J Granaas.? Will this affect the my IRS eligability?

My opinion is this will not matter.  The IRS matches the first 4 letters of your last name and the last 4 digits of your social security number.  You should not have an issue since your last name is correct.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JamesG1
Employee Tax Expert

I would think so.  When e-filing a tax return, the IRS verifies the first few digits of the last name, the Social Security number and the date of birth.  

Thank you for the reply,

Should I contacted Turbotax and try to resubmit?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

My opinion is this will not matter.  The IRS matches the first 4 letters of your last name and the last 4 digits of your social security number.  You should not have an issue since your last name is correct.

Thank you very much for responding.  I feel more comfortable.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

What do I need to do to get my stimulus payment?  Keep this link handy for COVID-19 and tax-related updates.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies