turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eze2020

It keeps rejecting cuz of ip pin and i cant get one i already tired the irs page and the number out cuz of corno?????????????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

It keeps rejecting cuz of ip pin and i cant get one i already tired the irs page and the number out cuz of corno?????????????

Tiesha89
Returning Member

System states because  taxes was rejected in in that because of a missing or incorrect was used

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

If you need an IP PIN to file your taxes and you can:

• Retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site; or
  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you (this can take up to 21 days)
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

the ip tool site doesn't  work for slot of people  including  me as well as the phone numbers are all not up and running  since the irs cut staff  we have no way of getting our ip pins 

MelInSTL

I'm having the exact same issue and Turbo Tax's supposed CPA's are zero help.  I was never issued an IP PIN, yet when I try to file, I get rejected because it's missing.  WTH?  Plus, they aren't answering phone calls and their onlline system is useless!  I'm so frustrated!  I'm not going to get the stimulus check now because I can't use the IRS's website either because they say the same thing, that I need a PIN I never got!  AAARRRGGGHH

Have you figured out what to do yet? I'm in the same situation.

If the online option is not working for you then until the IRS starts answering their phones again you are in limbo ... your ONLY other option is to mail in the return but they will take 3 months or more to process this year.  Welcome to the rock and a hard place. 

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin

tanniem164
Returning Member

Same thing is happening to me.  Has anyone figured out what to do?? PLEASE HELP!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

the IRS issues an IP pin if your a victim of identity theft.  the iRS sends  a letter to you each year with a new one.   if you are not a victim of identity theft there is no reason you should have an IP pin  

there is also a self-selected pin you need to use to file.       

these are completely different.  

MelInSTL

HackItOff, That's the IRS' standard explanation.  In my case none of that is true.  I've never been the victim of any kind of identity theft. And I was never, never given a letter from the IRS containing any sort of pin number.

Melissadavis
Returning Member

Apparently the system is down for retrieving your IP pin and the IRS can not issue anyone their pin at this time

Melissadavis
Returning Member

You can only retrieve your IP pin online if you have a credit card or auto loan or mortgage loan...

Melissadavis
Returning Member

I'm going through the same thing.the IRS systems are down for the IP pins and they don't know when it's gonna be back up

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Most taxpayers don't need an an IP PIN — the IRS only issues them in select cases.

If you know you need an IP PIN to file your taxes and you lost your CP01A letter (or never received it), you can:

• Retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site; or
  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you (this can take up to 21 days)

We're unable to issue IP PINs and you won't find them on your tax paperwork. You can only get IP PINs from the IRS.

If you still cannot retrieve your IP PIN, then you still have the option to print and mail your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies