cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

If box 14 says PA LST what do i choose for box 14 for the category that matches the total?

The box is asking me to "review the drop down menu below to see if any of the categories match the dollar amount in box 14 of your W-2" I"m not sure if the letters next to the totals explain what categories I should be choosing.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 11

If box 14 says PA LST what do i choose for box 14 for the category that matches the total?

The PA Local Services Tax is an employment related tax not based upon income amount.  Thus it is not a deductible local income tax.

In the past it could be deducted as a unreimbursed business expense and deducted as an itemized deduction subject to the 2% limitation.  However, with the 2017 tax reforms, one can no longer claim unreimbursed business expenses, thus, this tax is not deductible at all.

The maximum LST is $52 per individual per year.

1 Reply
Level 11

The PA Local Services Tax is an employment related tax not based upon income amount.  Thus it is not a deductible local income tax.

In the past it could be deducted as a unreimbursed business expense and deducted as an itemized deduction subject to the 2% limitation.  However, with the 2017 tax reforms, one can no longer claim unreimbursed business expenses, thus, this tax is not deductible at all.

The maximum LST is $52 per individual per year.