Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I need to make changes to my Schedule C

Can I make changes through the Self-Employed Intuit program, or do I make the changes through TurboTax?
1 Reply
Level 9

I need to make changes to my Schedule C

Self-Employed version is TurboTax online. So you will just use the steps here below to edit your Schedule C if you have not already filed the return

  • Log into your TurboTax account and click orange Take me to my return button
  • Type schedule c in the Search box in top right corner
  • Click on jump to schedule c and this should bring you to the Here's the business info we have so far and you just click Edit there if to get into that Schedule C to make changes.

If you have already filed the return, you will need to wait until the IRS has accepted or rejected that return. 

  • If they reject it, you just make the needed changes and re-submit the return. 
  • If they accept it, you will need to wait until you have received your refund and then amend that return to make changes, if needed. Amended returns have to be printed and mailed in and take up to 16 weeks to be processed. 

If accepted, after you have received your refund, you can go here and get instructions for amending that return. 

See some reasons you'd need to amend your return here

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies