Kam46

I need to be able to enter data into 1040 Schedule 1 / Line 8. How can I do that within Turbo Tax using my existing 2020 Return that has not been submitted yet.

Than you all in advance.

Using the TurboTax online editions there is no direct access to any forms or schedules.  That option is only available using the TurboTax desktop editions in Forms mode.

What are you trying to enter on Schedule 1Line 8 and why?

Kam46

I have received an erroneous 1099 where the sender does not want to rescind. So I need to enter an offsetting amount in that field while I fight this in order to not pay tax on this fake income.

I may need to file manually this year if that is the case. 

@Kam46 wrote:

Click on Federal

Click on Wages & Income

Scroll down to Less Common Income

On Miscellaneous Income, click on the start button

On the next screen scroll down to Other Reportable Income, click on the start button

On the next screen click on Yes

On the next screen enter a description and a negative amount, ie -3000

smk5367

I received a W2 that I have to report, but it is not taxable income, as I am a parent receiving home help dollars to care for my son in my home.  My directions tell me to use Schedule 1 and on Line 8 back out the payments from the income so they are not taxable.   Also, to note ; Notice 2014-7

AmyC

@smk5367  Enter the w2 as usual and then you need to enter the notice like this:

1. You will be in the federal income section already.
  2. scroll down to Less Common Income and click on Show More
  3. Click on Start or Revisit next to Miscellaneous Income  
  4. click on Start next to Other Reportable Income and select "Yes"
  5. In the "Description" section, enter "IRS Notice 2014-7 excludable income"  
  6. In the "Amount" section, enter the W-2 box 1 amount as a negative (-) number