Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

halesbp56

I started a new LLC in 2017. I understand I need to use Turbotax Business to file the LLC tax return, but how do I get that data into my Turbotax Personal return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I started a new LLC in 2017. I understand I need to use Turbotax Business to file the LLC tax return, but how do I get that data into my Turbotax Personal return?

You will get a K-1 and maybe a W2 from the LLC to manually enter into your personal tax return.  If you use the Online version you will need to use Premier to enter a K-1.  So you need to do the LLC return first to get the form to enter into your return.

What kind of LLC do you have?  Do you need to file a 1065 or 1120 Business return?  Are you a single member sole proprietor or a multi member  partnership?  Did you set up your LLC as a S corp?  If you are a sole proprietor (not an S corp) you file it in your personal tax return on schedule C as self employment, not as a separate business return.
halesbp56

I do know that I need to file a 1065, but I was hoping that Turbotax would allow a seamless flow of data without my having to data enter the information into my Turbotax Personal file. The LLC is a two-person entity so we will divide up the expenses/income accordingly.

Sorry no.  They don't have that feature.  The Business program doesn't talk to the personal programs.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies