turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm being paid under my LLC for the first time in 2018. On my W9s I classified the LLC as an S-Corp but since I'm a single-member LLC (in FL), was this a mistake?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I'm being paid under my LLC for the first time in 2018. On my W9s I classified the LLC as an S-Corp but since I'm a single-member LLC (in FL), was this a mistake?

Unless you elected to be taxed as a corporation, yes, that was a mistake.

But as long as you gave them the EIN you will be using on the SMLLC, it shouldn't make a difference on your return. You should give them an updated correct W9 though.  You can print one form the IRS website and fil it in and send back to them.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Thank you! Yes, the W9 all my clients used has my EIN on it, but I'm now realizing that several didn't issue me 1099s because of the S-corp classification. I assume I need to report the income I earned from these clients, but how can I do that correctly at this point?

Just report your actual income.  You never should rely on a 1099-MISC.

As a side note, you should be entering your personal EIN (in your name) on the W-9, *NOT* the EIN of the LLC.

How to enter 1099 and Cash income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801198 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies