Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I indicate that income from a Schedule K-1 should be treated as qualified business income (QBI) for the purpose of taking advantage of the QBI deduction?

When entering business income for a separate Schedule C, I'm prompted to indicate whether the income is QBI -- and when I indicate that it is, TurboTax incorporates that in my QBI deduction amount.  However, when I enter a K-1 that I received from a pass-through entity I own, I do not see this prompt nor any other way to indicate that income listed on my K-1 is QBI.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
dmertz
Level 15

How do I indicate that income from a Schedule K-1 should be treated as qualified business income (QBI) for the purpose of taking advantage of the QBI deduction?

The QBI deduction for partnerships and S corps is not yet fully implemented.  Check again when the next update is released.

Why is it that a whole year after the TCJA was passed TurboTax still hasn't implemented QBI for S corps?  Is it because IRS has not given definitive guidelines/rules on how to deal with QBI deduction?  How are we supposed to file 2018 without rules and without a functioning TurboTax?
blschaef

Has this functionality been added yet for partnerships?
BDSH65

It is 2020 and this option is not available on my Turbotax Home & Business anywhere I can find.

Any solution, suggestion, work around or update?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Forms 8995 and 8995-A, the forms used to to calculate the amount of Qualified Business Income Deduction (QBID), are not final yet.  TurboTax will update the program after the IRS finalizes their instructions.  After that update you should see the QBID on your tax return and you will be able to file.

For current information on forms availability, please click on this link:  Federal forms availability   

@BDSH65

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies