turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

agthorne1453
Returning Member

How do I get my 1120 Business Tax Transcript?

Hi.  I've seen posted on here a few answers to this question, but when I look on the IRS site I see:

Caution: The Get Transcript Service is for individual taxpayers to retrieve their own transcripts for their own purposes. Use by any other entities is prohibited.

I see no place to order a business tax return transcript, form 1120, online.  Can I make an appointment at a local IRS center to pick it up in person?  Also the number listed on the site:  8009089946 seems to be there for personal tax transcripts.

Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

In response to your questions:

• the new transcript online tool is for individual tax returns only
  • should any local IRS office be open for appointments, they will NOT have a copy of your business return nor will they be able to obtain one
  • You will need to complete form 4506-T to obtain a transcript or form 4506 to get an actual copy of your business return.
  • https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf
  • https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf
  • Regardless of the form requested, I would imagine it will take quite a while to get your copy given the pandemic, gearing up for tax season and short staffed.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

You can order a transcript of your business return by calling the IRS hotline 1-800-908-9946. 

Keep in mind that a transcript isn't a photocopy of your return. If you need a copy of your original return, complete and mail Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, along with the applicable fee.

For additional information please see:  Transcript Types and Ways to Order Them

agthorne1453
Returning Member

I made an appointment at my local IRS branch and they were able to print off my business transcript.  In addition they stamped "received" on a copy of my 2019 1120 that I brought with.    

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Good news!  Thanks for sharing!

This is absolutely false information "Expert"Irene2805. That 800.908... number is for personal use only. Thumbs down.

I need to obtain a tax return transcript for 2019 for my business and I don't see any place in the IRS website.  I have tried and only receive my personal one

@013338mariana wrote:

I need to obtain a tax return transcript for 2019 for my business and I don't see any place in the IRS website.  I have tried and only receive my personal one

You should be entering the EIN for your business return and not your SS number when ordering a transcript of a Form 1120, 1120-S or 1065

levent

IRS does not allow to get business transcripts online. Giving FEIN instead of SSN did not work obviously. Why would they let you to go that way anyways??? They basically could create a different portal to obtain business transcripts.... 

levent

So, this is not something doable online? Regular mail or fax only, am I right? Personal tax transcripts can be obtained online but not the business ones.

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

That is correct.  You cannot get your business transcript online, only your individual transcript is available online.  You will need to mail or fax your request for your business transcripts.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies