agthorne1453

How do I get my 1120 Business Tax Transcript?

Hi.  I've seen posted on here a few answers to this question, but when I look on the IRS site I see:

Caution: The Get Transcript Service is for individual taxpayers to retrieve their own transcripts for their own purposes. Use by any other entities is prohibited.

I see no place to order a business tax return transcript, form 1120, online.  Can I make an appointment at a local IRS center to pick it up in person?  Also the number listed on the site:  8009089946 seems to be there for personal tax transcripts.

Thanks.

Rick19744

In response to your questions:

• the new transcript online tool is for individual tax returns only
  • should any local IRS office be open for appointments, they will NOT have a copy of your business return nor will they be able to obtain one
  • You will need to complete form 4506-T to obtain a transcript or form 4506 to get an actual copy of your business return.
  • https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf
  • https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf
  • Regardless of the form requested, I would imagine it will take quite a while to get your copy given the pandemic, gearing up for tax season and short staffed.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*
Irene2805

You can order a transcript of your business return by calling the IRS hotline 1-800-908-9946. 

Keep in mind that a transcript isn't a photocopy of your return. If you need a copy of your original return, complete and mail Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, along with the applicable fee.

For additional information please see:  Transcript Types and Ways to Order Them

agthorne1453

I made an appointment at my local IRS branch and they were able to print off my business transcript.  In addition they stamped "received" on a copy of my 2019 1120 that I brought with.    

Irene2805

Good news!  Thanks for sharing!