Solved: How do I e-file in DC without filling out Sch ELC? I deleted it but Turbotax demands I fill it out or it won't file.

haris-hadzimurat

How do I e-file in DC without filling out Sch ELC? I deleted it but Turbotax demands I fill it out or it won't file.

I have a child born late last year that is technically eligible for the DC Early Learning Tax Credit. I didn't incur any expenses for the child and will not claim the credit. However, Turbotax refuses to let me file the return without my providing information about the "facility" where my child got care. She never did and there is no info to provide. I asked this question elsewhere and was told to delete the form from Tools, which I did. Now the form is not present on the list of DC forms but I STILL can't e-file because Turbotax considers it an error that the form isn't filled out. I'm stuck in an infinite loop of being sent back to "fix the error" or else I can't file.

Rachel_W

TurboTax is aware of this issue and is currently working on a solution.

Please check out this recently posted TurboTax FAQ regarding the DC Schedule ELCWhy can't I delete DC Schedule ELC?

Be sure to sign up for updates to be alerted as soon as there is a solution to this issue.

Rachel_W

haris-hadzimurat

Is there a timeline for a fix here?
gikhmanluba1

I am having the same issue.  I need to file !
emilygrinstead

Is there any update on this issue? It has been going on for over a month at this point.