turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

atimo2000

Hello, I have already file my tax with my W-2, and I have 1099 that I need to file as a business.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

Hello, I have already file my tax with my W-2, and I have 1099 that I need to file as a business.

If you have e-filed, wait until your return is accepted or rejected by IRS / the state.

-If your return is rejected, add or edit your new information (along with anything else that needs to be corrected) and then re-submit your return.  See Fix a reject

-If your return has been accepted- you cannot change the information. Instead, you have to amend a  return.   See instructions below.

IRS does not allow e-file for amendment,  you will need to submit the amendment forms with related supporting documents by mail. (Follow instructions through the step-by-step interview questions in the program)

If your original return generates a refund, you should wait until your original refund arrives before you file your amendment. You can cash your check, but you still should wait until your current tax return is resolved.  Note that if you see " Do Not File" watermark on your Form, this means your original return is either still pending or forms are not finalized yet.  

To amend, click here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

As you are going through the amendment process,

-On-screen, Do you need to change anything else?

-Scroll down to Form 1099 MISC, select Update

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

If you have e-filed, wait until your return is accepted or rejected by IRS / the state.

-If your return is rejected, add or edit your new information (along with anything else that needs to be corrected) and then re-submit your return.  See Fix a reject

-If your return has been accepted- you cannot change the information. Instead, you have to amend a  return.   See instructions below.

IRS does not allow e-file for amendment,  you will need to submit the amendment forms with related supporting documents by mail. (Follow instructions through the step-by-step interview questions in the program)

If your original return generates a refund, you should wait until your original refund arrives before you file your amendment. You can cash your check, but you still should wait until your current tax return is resolved.  Note that if you see " Do Not File" watermark on your Form, this means your original return is either still pending or forms are not finalized yet.  

To amend, click here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

As you are going through the amendment process,

-On-screen, Do you need to change anything else?

-Scroll down to Form 1099 MISC, select Update

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies