turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello - Form 1040-ES has mysteriously appeared in my final return, and I have tried to use "Tax Tools, Tools..." to delete it several times. It is still there.

Please help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

Hello - Form 1040-ES has mysteriously appeared in my final return, and I have tried to use "Tax Tools, Tools..." to delete it several times. It is still there.

Estimated payment vouchers (1040-ES) are included with your return automatically when TurboTax determines that your tax situation may benefit from making estimated payments.  

You do not need to worry about deleting these vouchers or paying the estimated tax.  This information is not transmitted to the IRS with your return.  If you do not wish to make estimated payments, simply ignore the vouchers.  

Take a look at the following TurboTax article for more information:  Why did 1040-ES estimated tax vouchers print out?  Do I need them?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is confusing. When I preview the forms to be filed the estimated tax payments are filled out and are part of the "Forms to be Filed". If they're not sent to the IRS why are they part of the printout if they're NOT filed!

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

AnnetteB6 answered your question above.

When TurboTax sees  you may benefit from making estimated payments for the next tax year, they insert them into the return in case you want to use them.  

If you don''t want to use the, just ignore them or shred them.  Just be aware that you may need them to avoid an underpayment penalty the next tax year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies