Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

File K-1 for minor child

My minor child is the beneficiary of a trust.  He received a K-1.  Should I file taxes on his behalf or do I need to include them on my return?  If I have to file separately for him can I still include him on my tax return?
1 Reply
New Member

File K-1 for minor child

You do not include your child's K-1 income on your tax return.

You can walk through this tool: to determine if he has a separate filing requirement for the income.

You are still able to claim them as dependents on your return if they are required to file.  

I hope this information helps!
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings