Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

I also think this should be included in TT Home & Business. It is highly misleading and frustrating that Intuit advertises this version as being able to handle all needs for a Single Member LLC. Hopefully they fix this in next years version or I will be researching the competition.

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

I got a notice from the FTB that I failed to file this form from a few years ago...didn't even know I needed to! At first I thought I'd forgotten to pay the yearly fee and would be charged lots of interest, but I'd only not filed this 568 form. I hope that does not mean I owe any penalties. I guess I'll find out soon. At least TT should tell us that we need to file this manually, not sure why it would not...but it'd be even better if they'd add it in to their e-filings for 2018. After many years of using their product, I might need to go elsewhere if they do not.
clubz443

It is very dishonest to say in TT that 568 MUST be filed electronically with a few exceptions. Then it turns out TT users are the exceptions! Only later do I find out you just grifted me for $30 telling me I had to file electronically and then never clarifying that you have no ability or intention of doing it.
clubz443

Sorry, $25.
njd123

PATHETIC Turbo Tax doesn't support efile of 568
mmundy70

Also, it's my understanding that IF you manually complete your Form 568, that you can file it by mailing it in. With that being said, I'm not sure that doing it this way is acceptable but the law does state that "...entities that prepare an original or amended return using tax preparation software to electronically file (e-file) their return to us." Does anyone know the answer to this? Can we just manually prepare and file??

For tax year 2018, TT printed form 568, but gave no instruction on the summary cover page for my state taxes (CA) as to whether this form needed to be signed and mailed.  IF if needs to be mailed, the least TT can do is tell us!  I've filled out the waiver request and am mailing 568 assuming the information in the above posts (albeit now a year old) is still correct.    Thanks to those who take the time to post for the assistance !

I am running into the same unknown.. looking at my 2018 filed return and form 568 appears to be included.. how would one know if you have to actually have to request the e-file and then submit it manually.. I wonder if anything has changed over the past year? @jerrybern, or anyone please let us know if you found a concrete answer. I am going to call TurboTax to find out on Monday.

I agree with the postings of frustration. LLCs are increasingly used and especially by single member LLCs. This is a glaring deficiency Intuit.

Hi AndreaC1,

I guess I am confused. I checked Intuit's list of supported forms at this link.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_ca_windows_llc.htm...

This lists FTB568 as available for print and efile. That begs the question: Where???

I have to say I am in the same boat as all of the frustrated folks on this forum.

TurboTax:   FIX YOUR SOFTWARE!  It's archaic to think that you can't e-file such a simple Form 568 for Single Member LLC's.  Seriously ridiculous.  And it's not clear in your software program.  We are getting notices now from FTB asking where our 568 forms are for 17 & 18.   I told her we e-filed and I had proof of the e-file.  I guess I am not finding out that Turbotax has to be a 'waiver' to paper file because of 'technology constraints.'   Laughable at best!   It was fun spending hours today on the phone with FTB, meanwhile the whole time I want to cuss out Intuit TurboTax for being the most expensive software out there and when you buy Home & Business, they can't even support single-member LLC Form 568 Filings.  

If I were the Franchise Tax Board, I would NOT grant a waiver due to technology, I would pressure TurboTax to not be lazy and actually make a software program that e-files.   

Great job guys!  Alternative Software here I come.... Unless you want to do right by all the thousands of customers I'm sure you fleeced and pay all the penalties we will owe.   

Maybe you decided to help California get some additional tax $$$ through penalties?   Nah, you're just lazy.  Kudos.

How to get Turbotax Home and Business 2018 to produce a CA 568 form so i can mail it? I have entered all the federal and CA info and i cannot see where to get it to generate one...

Here an old note I have..........TT/Calif has the 568 in it. If it is associated with a Schedule C then you need to check the box on the Calif Schedule C for "Single member LLC". A 568 will then be generated, pulling as much information from that Schedule C as is available.

If your LLC is associated with rental property(ies) then there is a link field on the Calif Sch E Wks that behaves similarly to the one for the Sch C above.

In either case the 568 has no effect whatsoever on your Calif individual return and it must be paper-filed.

exc2020

Hey guys, 

Not sure if anyone has noticed from your 2019 tax return (if you still use TT Home & Business), but TT now says "We'll e-file your Form 568 for you when you e-file your state return if your return only requires a single Form 568." I use TT 2019 Home & Business Desktop for Mac. I had to print out and manually filed this Form 568 to CA FTB for my 2018 tax return. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 10.23.06 PM.png

I'm having this same issue, why can't the software e-file the rest of my return and tell me to print and mail the 568 separately?  Now I'm going to have pay an accountant to do it all because I won't paper file.  That's a HUGE waste!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies