Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

Yes. TurboTax does let you e-file the rest of your return and allow you to mail the 568 separately.

See TurboTax Expert AndreaC1's  answer:

TurboTax Business only handles the multi-member LLC, not single-member. If you are using
TurboTax Home & Business desktop version or Self-Employed online version, the Form 568 has to be printed and mailed.

Form 568 for single-member LLC's can't be e-filed in any of the TurboTax product versions.

The State of California’s Franchise Tax Board will allow you a waiver based on a few reasons, and due to technology constraints of the software you are using, you can request the e-file waiver.

So, go here  California FTB Business Entity E-file Waiver Request and request an e-file waiver so that you can paper file this form since the software version you are using won't allow e-file for it. 

You will then print and mail Form 568 to this address:

FRANCHISE TAX BOARD 
PO BOX 942857 
SACRAMENTO CA 94257-0501

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

@KathrynG3 

You had mentioned in your reply on thread that TurboTax can eFile a CA individual return for single member LLC  containing form 568.  How do I do this?  I get a message that since my individual return contains form 568 that it cannot be e-filed.  Can I remove form 568 since I printed it to mail separately and then e-File the rest of the return to CA?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Yes. You can e-file California separately by removing Form 568. To do this, follow these steps:

• From the left menu, select Tax Tools
  • Tools
  • Delete a Form
  • Scroll to Form 568 and confirm you want to delete this form
  • Then, you can mail Form 568 as described.

Hi Kathryn, thanks for the reply, but I think you maybe misunderstood the frustration.

I want to e-file form 568.  I know I can e-file the California return, but why in this day and age will turbotax now allow us to e-fil the form 568?  That's insane. 

Hi KathrynG3--

the procedure you outline above to delete the 568 and e-file the state return does not appear to work. When I tried to delete the 568, TT allows you to go through the dialogues, but once you go back to the list, the 568 remain. Can you verify this procedure works?

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

You shouldn't have to fill it out, if you don't have an LLC.  To delete it:

1.  Click Federal on the left-hand side menu.

2.  Click Income & Expenses across the top.

3.  Scroll down to S-corps, Partnerships, and Trusts and click Show more.

4.  Click Start or Revisit by Schedule K-1.

Click Start or Update to the right of Partnerships/LLCs (Form 1065).

Delete the erroneous entry.

Thanks for the reply, Coleen. I DO have a Single Member LLC. But the issue is TT no longer allows me to submit a State return if it has a 568  attached. (although, as someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it claims to be able to for Single Member LLC, but then actually cannot).

I've printed out my 568 which I will file via mail. Now I'd just like to delete that form from the State return so I can file it electronically.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

I'm in the same boat and realize this only after FTB contacted me for my 2017 Form 568 return. I didn't know we had to manually file when we already e-filed and everything was accepted. This is quite annoying. Also I can't find my 2018 software file but have the PDF. Do you have recommendations on how to convert a PDF to a .tax2018 file? 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

If your 2018 PDF is a 1040 return generated through TurboTax, H&R Block, or TaxACT software, you can convert it to a .tax2018 file.  Follow the instructions in this article written by one of our Turbo Tax experts..

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
3dog
Level 1

This is the last year I will buy Home & Business. No efile of form 568 single LLC despite TT saying it will efile a single LLC. Then the instructions in this thread for deleting the 568 form so I could efile my California return just screwed up my California return and I have to go all thru and answer questions for a 2nd time. This is 2020, why can't TT provide a program we can use.

Is there any response about this process? I am not able to delete the 568 form from my State tax return. In previous tax years, despite the fact that TT wasn't filing the 568, at least I could submit my state return electronically. It seems what TT has done, is take the line of least resistance by disabling e-filing for returns that include a 568.

It would make much more sense for customers to merely have a pop-up that appears during the final check stage that says: "YOU MUST PRINT OUT AND FILE FORM 568 SEPARATELY. TURBO TAX DOES NOT ELECTRONICALLY FILE FORM 568."

Does anyone from Turbotax even read these concerns???

Multiple people have now voiced the same frustration and TurboTax Clearly doesn't seem to care.  

Maybe make a product you can E-FILE for Form 568.   Simply saying "we don't do that" is ridiculous.  What's worse, when California Requires you to E-File and you have to print out a special E-File "WAIVER" and have to list the reason for not e-filing is because "Turbo Tax Sucks and doesn't offer this feature" is not the best excuse.  

If you are going to be the most expensive software out there, maybe have the most up-to-date filing capabilities.  Just a thought!  Or would that cut into your Intuit Profit?

3dog
Level 1

I have read various things online about this problem, one explanation being California FTB software has a glitch. Whatever the reason for this problem with all the tech here in CA this is just plain ridiculous. But then again CA government is pretty inept anyway.

I would like TT to tell us right upfront that they can’t efile the 568 not wait until the end. And I thought it was efiled all these years past. Never received a message that it wasn’t. 

Would that method with the 1040 PDF still work if my PDF was generated by the TurboTax Home Business application? 

madvee

OK - latest update.. I think there is a lot of confusion as I encountered this the first time with this silly error on Turbotax. I spoke to CA FTB and they suggested filing returns separately. Called TT again and here it is

> File Federal first and choose the option "Do not e-file my state return..."

> Once completed, come back and do the "State return..". 

I plan to do this weekend and will update this forum accordingly

MV

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies