turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I select yes or no to "informational returns filed under the return employer ID number"?

• Multi-member LLC
  • For tax purposes, considered a partnership
  • Initial filing year (2020) for the LLC
  • Operating at a loss this year
  • No salaries or wages paid to partners (no W2's)

On the last question before e-filing, there is a question that asks about informational returns, not entirely sure what this means? I plan on generating and distributing K-1's to all 3 partners (including myself).

image.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I select yes or no to "informational returns filed under the return employer ID number"?

Partners are NEVER issued W-2 or 1099 forms so unless you have employees or sub contractors  the # of W-2 forms is zero and then you did not file payroll tax forms.  You should be issuing K-1 forms so your screen shot is correct as is.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Partners are NEVER issued W-2 or 1099 forms so unless you have employees or sub contractors  the # of W-2 forms is zero and then you did not file payroll tax forms.  You should be issuing K-1 forms so your screen shot is correct as is.  

Awesome, thanks! In what situation would I select NO to that question? I am bit confused with the wording.

Would the answer be NO if I didn't provide any K-1's as well?

That exact set of questions are used for all non personal returns and on occasion the form 1041 will not produce K-1 forms  but a 1065 will always produce a K-1 for each partner. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies