kaleymack15

Do I have to claim box 12b code D

Ashby

Do I have to claim box 12b code D

I assume this is on your W-2. This is nothing you claim. This is the amount you contributed to your 401k. This amount reduces your taxable income.

Now, if you are trying to avoid the retirement contribution credit, you can use the following workaround:

Form 8880 is auto-generated.  It cannot simply be deleted.  To cause TurboTax to remove Form 8880 from your tax return, indicate in the Retirement savings contributions credit section that you were a full-time student.  This will have no effect on any other part of your tax return.

Ashby

Do I have to claim box 12b code D

Hal_Al

Do I have to claim box 12b code D

The amount in box 12, with code D, has already been excluded from the box 1 amount. There is nothing you need to do with it.
onisolid

Do I have to claim box 12b code D

I filed my  income tax return in April 2019 and later on May 24,2021 received from employer Form  W2-C.   A correction to Box 12a Code D indicates $495.00.   Do I need to file 1040X to amend this??

Do I have to claim box 12b code D

No but a change to code D should also change the wages in box 1.   You would need to amend for box 1 wages or if the change affects any Retirement Savings Credit you got.