Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Date of Disposition has an unacceptable value

Hi,

I'm trying to file a final business return. We had only a few minor assets that were just donated. They were disposed of in 04/2020 and this is for the 2020 tax return. Everytime I put in the date of disposition for 04/01/20 TT keeps telling me the date of disposition has an unacceptable value for every item. I even tried different parts of 2020 as well as from 2017-2021 trying to figure out what it wanted. However, it doesn't accept any of my dates. I also can't move forward since it wants to know how I liquidated for my final business year. The only other part of that form showing in red is the recovery period.

Not sure if it matters but we had 0 income for 2020 and 0 operating costs in 2020 as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Please disregard, problem solved.

Apparently at some point the short year date I put in was starting 06/2021 instead of the beginning of 2020.

Of course that error popped up as the last one, so I only found it after skipping all the other errors.

Once I changed that start date, all the other errors resolved.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Please disregard, problem solved.

Apparently at some point the short year date I put in was starting 06/2021 instead of the beginning of 2020.

Of course that error popped up as the last one, so I only found it after skipping all the other errors.

Once I changed that start date, all the other errors resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies