turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I find out if my ex-husband is filing his taxes?

My husband owes a large amount in back child support. The Department of Revenue says that they will intercept his returns, but they haven't received anything since 2014 for tax year 2013. I think he may just not be filing his taxes in an effort to prevent me from getting his tax return. How can I find out if he is filing or not?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

You can't find out.  The IRS will not disclose any information on a tax return to someone else who is not their legal representative.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
bwa
Alumni
Alumni

You can't find out.  The IRS will not disclose any information on a tax return to someone else who is not their legal representative.

Additionally, you need to contact your child support enforcement agency (CSEA) if you have not done so already.  They will have the legal authority to pursue this matter.  However, the IRS will not just send you $$ until they determine what your ex-husband owes the federal government.  He may owe them money and unfortunately there may not be any refund.

Once again, you need to have CSEA involved in this matter.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

ok I Have boyfriend who is deaf and his ex been stalking him and threatening me to leave him so here his story i need to understand this so he can be man up against her.

He file his tax 2015 and when he got a latter saying he already got it which isnt true so he went down to irs and irs ask him are u him from co spring 2015 which isnt true he been living with me since 2013 no way he file his tax from co spring so i told him it could have been your ex he didnt really agree in 2015.

he try get her R.0. 2017 So his interpreter told him she know his ex for her interpreter back in 2016 in court so what his interpreter told him what his ex were saying about him which he didnt put her in prison which irs didnt tell him it could been her!

i told him who else know your social security? so i went look why she went to prison the web say when her date are done by 2020 they will have to drop the cases unless someone come in court but which irs didnt tell him so should he go to court to show them?

i mean we have evidence what her interpreter was telling him and tax file AND IF this isnt her stealing his tax why are they drop the cases against her unless someone come show court saying it was not him 2015 file tax?

Abenn55

How can I  find ex husbands taxes

Ask him. Only he can tell you.   What do you need his tax return for?  When did you get divorced?  

Abenn55

To modify child support 

I just got a lawyer 

his wife is a CPA and I’m afraid she will send something fake 

you can ask but he doesn't have to tell and even if he says he is filing you'll have no way of knowing if it's a correct return.  it doesn't take a CPA to file a fake return.  fake is something your attorney will need to determine. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies