turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

david0567

I ammended with 4188.00 to my return with an unexpected 1099-c. I now owe $1050.00 more on federal and 294.00 on state. Does this sound like the normal amount?

I originally received a large refund. This seems like too much.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I ammended with 4188.00 to my return with an unexpected 1099-c. I now owe $1050.00 more on federal and 294.00 on state. Does this sound like the normal amount?

You are still receiving your original refund amount.  The net of the original refund and the amount you owe now is what your original refund/amount owed would have been if the 1099-C was included in your original e-file.

Not knowing anything about your filing status, income level, etc.; I can only speculate about the tax amount.  The amount you now owe is approximately 25% of the income you added.  But there could be other factors that are affecting your return.  For instance, if you had the Child Care Credit and/or Earned Income Credit, those credit amounts could have decreased due to the increase in your income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You are still receiving your original refund amount.  The net of the original refund and the amount you owe now is what your original refund/amount owed would have been if the 1099-C was included in your original e-file.

Not knowing anything about your filing status, income level, etc.; I can only speculate about the tax amount.  The amount you now owe is approximately 25% of the income you added.  But there could be other factors that are affecting your return.  For instance, if you had the Child Care Credit and/or Earned Income Credit, those credit amounts could have decreased due to the increase in your income.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies