turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My State of Michigan tax return has been in a PENDING status for 7 days now. Why would it set in pending for that long and not be accepted. It has never been this long.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

My State of Michigan tax return has been in a PENDING status for 7 days now. Why would it set in pending for that long and not be accepted. It has never been this long.

This is common and your refund should move along in the queue soon.

Please see the following link for detailed information: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901510-why-is-my-state-e-file-still-pending

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Michigan is going really slow this year. My return was accepted the next day for Michigan. However, now it is a waiting game. I go to log in and it says no record of the return. It has passed the fourteen-day required mark. I have called and gotten two different answers. One says the computer could not process it and it had to be done manually and another said the computer selected it for a manual review.
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

This is common and your refund should move along in the queue soon.

Please see the following link for detailed information: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901510-why-is-my-state-e-file-still-pending

Thank you so much for the info. Greatly appreciated!
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

You are so welcome!

It may be that your ID number was not entered in correctly.  If that is the case, look into amending the return with the correct number.

Mines have been in review since March 6th. Sent all items needed and I was told 60 days. Called them at the 61st I was told they didn’t get my forms until May 6. Called again July 16th and I’m being told it will take 120 Days. Michigan on some bull this year
Chris_212

So what ended up happening? Mine is in the same situation right now. Day one. under manual review

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, TurboTax has no control over how long the IRS takes to accept a return. Each state handles its own refund.  If you have questions as to why your state return is still pending, you will need to contact the Michigan Department of Treasury

Please click How do I track my Michigan tax refund? to learn more. 

Parks_123

Hi, do you mean your Federal went in the next day?  And still pending with MI?  I am in same boat, it has been 10 days pending in MI state.  My federal went through in one day. Concerned at what amount of time and who do we talk to, to find out what is going on since apparently while in pending it won't show we filed.  

Try changing browsers and log in again to check ...

Or check the MI website  https://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,4676,7-238-43513_75466---,00.html

Otherwise contact support for assistance :

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Parks_123

I spoke to MI today about the status of pending for over 10 days now and was told that if it stays in pending up to 4 weeks to contact TuboTax and have it resubmitted.  Was told that until it is processed through TurboTax state won't be able to do anything.  Again, was told to check and if gets to 30 days, contact TurboTax about resubmitting?  I have never had to resubmit before, hope down't get to that, I guess cross that bridge when get to 30 days (hopefully it willl be accepted before that) 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies