Solved: You are confused. ( or maybe I am by the way your ...

nicolemalvern

Ok so I would like to know if I owe the IRS 747 but my refund is going to be 10,038 will the take the money I owe them out my money

You are confused. ( or maybe I am by the way your question is worded)   You cannot be getting a refund and owe at the same time on the same tax return.  Don't know where you are seeing the $10,038.  Or the $747.  Where are those figures coming from?

Or do you owe from a previous tax year?  If you owe the IRS for back taxes, they will offset your refund and take the money owed out of your 2016 refund.  ($10.038 sounds like a pretty hefty refund--did you add an extra zero?)

How come you are getting such a big refund?