turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Filed taxes 1/3/17 now stating received. I thou they didn't start to 1/23/17? I have EITC site will receive refund byv02/13. I thou they were holding refunds to 2/15/17

Is there an error on site?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Anita01

Filed taxes 1/3/17 now stating received. I thou they didn't start to 1/23/17? I have EITC site will receive refund byv02/13. I thou they were holding refunds to 2/15/17

There's a big difference between received and accepted.  We tell you when we have received your return.  The accepted message comes from the IRS and we pass it on to you.

Every year the IRS takes a few returns early to test their system for the year, so it's possible you received an accepted message because you are part of that early batch.  If you have an Earned Income Credit or Additional child Tax Credit, though, the IRS will not be able to process your return fully before 2/15.  They are required to wait until then by a new bill Congress passed.  The IRS really does not have any leeway around it, unfortunately.

It was accepted today I have 1 bar on IRS site
Anita01

Good, so you were part of the test batch, and at least you know you passed the bar to be accepted.  I do want you to understand, though, that the IRS still has the right to request further information related to your Earned Income credit, for example, some proof that your dependent(s) actually lived with you.  Congress is really, really pushing the IRS to be certain they're not paying this credit out to a person committing fraud, which causes delays in refunds for perfectly honest people.

yes I know. Which They do I have filed them ever since they were born. I have proof of birth certificate, daycare and school paperwork. I always have every thing needed just in case they ask. its sad that people are like that, but its ok at least I know i will get it sometime this year lol

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies