turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received a 1099k form from uber for only grossing $248.84 in 2016. Already filed my taxes do I need to amend with this new information

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Patrice

Received a 1099k form from uber for only grossing $248.84 in 2016. Already filed my taxes do I need to amend with this new information

Yes, but however, I would hold on to the document and do nothing right now.  If you do need to amend your return for some other reason, then add this $248.84.  

The IRS 2016 Amended tax forms will not be ready until sometime in February.  You will have to mail your amended return to the IRS. 

However, so when you do decide to amend your return you can follow the directions listed below:

TurboTax walks you step-by-step through amending your federal income tax return.

See How to Amend (Change or Correct) a Return You Already Filed to amend your income tax return. The IRS 2016 Amended tax forms will not be ready until sometime in February.  After you complete the amendment you will have to mail your amended return to the IRS. Please keep checking the TurboTax FAQ for the status of amended return tax forms.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3318732

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patrice

Yes, but however, I would hold on to the document and do nothing right now.  If you do need to amend your return for some other reason, then add this $248.84.  

The IRS 2016 Amended tax forms will not be ready until sometime in February.  You will have to mail your amended return to the IRS. 

However, so when you do decide to amend your return you can follow the directions listed below:

TurboTax walks you step-by-step through amending your federal income tax return.

See How to Amend (Change or Correct) a Return You Already Filed to amend your income tax return. The IRS 2016 Amended tax forms will not be ready until sometime in February.  After you complete the amendment you will have to mail your amended return to the IRS. Please keep checking the TurboTax FAQ for the status of amended return tax forms.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3318732

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies