bozoblaster

Why would you (intuit) restrict old refund information without first paying for it?

I'm sure I am not the only one who thinks that this is completely ridiculous. That should be information that all users should be able to access at any time WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY ANY MONEY WHAT-SO-EVER! Because I can't afford to pay for the upgraded services, I am not allowed to see if or for how much I might qualify for my states kicker tax break, meaning I can't get more money in my refund because I can't afford to pay for more money, if that makes any sense. Never using this website again and I hope others join me in boycotting this shenanigans. 

TT is not required to store millions of tax returns for free forever.

You can get free transcripts here:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You could have saved the PDF to your computer for free before online closes each October.  And the data file ending in .tax too incase you ever need to amend it.

You can get free transcripts here:

bozoblaster

Thank you very much, I will use the link you provided me. I guess the ultimate point that I should've made was that they already do have my old refund information from the past few years from me filing through them stored away in their archives and I have to pay to access it, its not like before I filed those past times it asked, would you like us to save your info for a fee? Its already there stored. They provided the service whether I said yes or no. Hypothetically speaking, that makes me think of a photographer walking up to random people and taking pictures of them without their permission and saying okay they will be 5 dollars please.