Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is my tax submission still pending to the IRS and state of Wisconsin

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Your tax submission for your Wisconsin state return is still Pending, because each state accepts returns at different times and normally later then the IRS does. Please see this Turbotax FAQ for more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/why-is-my-state-e-file-still-pending/00/26146

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same thing here filed on Jan 2, 2020 return transmitted Jan 13, 2020 and still in pending on TT and cannot find me on WMR. Filing HOH with ctc. 

I did my brothers same day, transmitted same day his federal was excepted Jan 14, and WMR confirms refund date for DD on 1/29. He filed Single no EITC or CTC.

Even the past years I have had early acceptace even though the hold until Feb 15 it still would show accepted on WMR and TT in past years usually within 24 hours of transmitting.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Pending simply means that your e-filed return is on its way and that the government hasn't accepted or rejected it yet.

If you e-filed your return in January, it'll stay in Pending status until the IRS starts processing the backlog of returns which began today, 01/27/2020. The IRS does accept some returns early to run a test batch, but being included in this batch is not guaranteed from year to year. 

After January, e-filed returns generally sit in Pending status for 24–48 hours before coming back as either Accepted or Rejected. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. For more information, please click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
aaferguson1964
Returning Member

Wisconsin began accepting returns yesterday (02/12/21), and we are now able to select 2020 when checking Wisconsin's "Where's My Refund?" yet my Wisconsin filing still shows pending in TurboTax.  My federal was filed just fine.  When I check my Wisconsin refund, it says it's not on file.

Why is TurboTax taking longer to submit my Wisconsin filing?

@aaferguson1964 wrote:

Wisconsin began accepting returns yesterday (02/12/21), and we are now able to select 2020 when checking Wisconsin's "Where's My Refund?" yet my Wisconsin filing still shows pending in TurboTax.  My federal was filed just fine.  When I check my Wisconsin refund, it says it's not on file.

Why is TurboTax taking longer to submit my Wisconsin filing?

The state tax return sitting on the server will not be eligible to be pulled by the state until the federal tax return is pulled by the IRS and accepted by the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies