Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return still pending?

I was told by the IRS that my return was rejected but on my TurboTax account, it still shows pending. So with it still saying PENDING, it’s not giving me an option to fix the return.

I’m very upset about the situation. Never had this problem before. So I was told since it’s been rejected, go file again through someone else.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Try to clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning and updating properly. If that doesn't work, try a different browser such as Safari or Firefox if you're currently using Chrome and vice versa. 
If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives:
What is the TurboTax phone number?
@mrobinson83

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@MichelleLO I am using downloaded version of TT (on Windows 10 Pro OS).  Does this use my default browser? if yes (my default is Edge), can you let me know how to start this in another browser

Go to The IRS . Gov site or where is my refund  . Type  in your social , filling status , and the return amount 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@ensridhar If you have TurboTax CD/Download, please check for updates within the program. 

How do I update my TurboTax CD/Download software p ... 

@ensridhar:

I'm not sure if the browser is the real culprit, and customer service replied your Q with how to update TT, which I think is not what you are asking, or we all do not need to know how to update TT, as TT auto checks and asks if we want to apply the patch, if any, upon launching.

I guess, TT use the system default browser. to change to another browse, you have to change the system default browser (not under TT, but windows control).

But before you change the default browser, try to clean the cache, in edge, top right corner, click the 3 ...,

select settings-> "privacy, search and services", you will find "browsing data to clear".  Do this with your TT closed.

If the above does not work, you can install another browser. e.g.,  google chrome or Mozilla firefox.   which will ask you if you want to set as default, and follow its direction.

But to be honest, if cleaning your edge browser cache does not fix the issue, then install and change to another browser should not fix anything, it just means, browser's cache is not the culprit for your filing woe.  I.e., I do not think you need to install a new one and change your default browser to it.  Try to clean the edge cache to see if does the fix. If not working, do not bother looking into this browser thing.

Filed on 16 Feb, still siting in pending status. This will be the last year I use turbo tax. This is rediculous.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Your e-filed return is still in pending on the server because the IRS is currently accepting/rejecting/processing returns.  Sometimes it can take more than 48 hours to process. Only a few returns were accepted early in a test batch.  Everyone else has been waiting. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information on pending returns:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

I was told by IRS that mine has been rejected, but is still showing PENDING on my TurboTax account....Why is that?

It don’t give me the option to fix it, still says pending but IRS said it had been rejected.

@mrobinson83

Did they tell you why it was rejected? 
They didn’t say in the email I received. 
I have since refiled with another company so I didn’t want to click on the button to refiled with turbo tax to see what the issue was. 

The majority of people (myself included) in this thread have filed over a week ago. You’re right, it may take 48 hours or more, so that’s why everyone is concerned and worried about their filing. If over a week is not a time to be concerned about the “pending” status, when would you say would be the appropriate time? And what are actions we can take when that time comes? 

They didn’t tell me and I never received an email.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You should receive an email within 48 hours, to assist with further instructions. 

Please ensure you check your junk/spam folder for the email. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies