Solved: Why is my return still pending?

GabiU
Community Manager

Why is my return still pending?

Some of you have noticed an issue where your return has been in a pending status multiple days.  This pending status means we noticed an issue that may have caused your return to be rejected and are doing an extra review to assess the reason it was flagged, resolve it for you, or identify what you need to do to ensure everything is accurate and your return is accepted.  

If this applies to you, we will be sending you an email within 48 hours with confirmation that your return has been filed, or instructions for any additional steps that need to be taken to ensure an accurate return is filed, accepted, and you receive every dollar you deserve.  We apologize again this has caused a delay in receiving your refund.

Check out this FAQ: Why is my return still pending?

GabiU
Community Manager

Why is my return still pending?

All transmission hiccups are resolved and you should see your return accepted or rejected in 48 hours. 

I am closing this thread, but if you notice your return is pending for 48+ hours with TurboTax, feel free to PM me.

If you are seeing pending status with the IRS, please remember that the IRS is doing its best to keep up with this year's circumstances. Please refer to the IRS Website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds for updates on your personalized situation. 

gc16

Why is my return still pending?

That's fine. My state return has been pending since 2/13. I haven't received any email. How do I know if i'm included in this and when can i expect some resolution? Is the 48 hours you mentioned from today or when I filled. Thanks.

AirNairb

Why is my return still pending?

How can we confirm if we're on your list?

Dtm1fmf

Why is my return still pending?

ok  my federal was accepted on the 12 state pending for 6 days  not very pleased this year  while others had both accepted within hours..

Jason707

Why is my return still pending?

I'm going to assume it is 48 hours from the date/time she posted this. I e-filed on 2/1/21, fed accepted 2/11/21, CA state still pending since then 7 days later. I have my fed refund already in my bank account, hopefully this gets sorted out asap as I really need that state refund. =(

gdberk

Why is my return still pending?

My CA return has been pending for 10 days - this has never happened before.  My federal return is already scheduled for deposit.  What's up???

DBarefie

Why is my return still pending?

My Federal return was accepted on 2/15/21 and my California state return has been pending since te same day.  No email.  No response.  No help.

WhyOHWhy7

Why is my return still pending?

It is the "pits" . I spoke to a help person who said they were unaware of this problem. My taxes are about as uncomplicated as they come so don't understand why there would be an issue with them. It'd be nice to hear back from someone

Gt5536

Why is my return still pending?

State return still pending after 5 days!! What do I need to do next? 

scottym64

Why is my return still pending?

@GabiU - I got an email relating to my return being rejected, but when I logged in to fix it, there's no way to do that, it still just says pending. Phone support was not able to assist and I'm not even sure if the email was correct - it was certainly a legitimate email from TurboTax, but I'm not offered anyway to fix the issue. 

Is this also a known issue or am I just the lucky one who has this to deal with?

Bullet1008

Why is my return still pending?

This message is very confusing, I talked to a TurboTax Rep at 03:36pm EST and explained that my local State Agency which is GA stated that it's a transmission issue with TurboTax they do not show any evidence  of a tax return being filed. The Rep. with Turbo Tax stated that it's a issue of my State not receiving my tax return on there end basically they are not processing gave an example of them being behind. This is becoming very frustrating and from different chat lines pertaining to Tax Returns the people that are having issues are customers that used TurboTax software, it seems that people that didn't use TurboTax are getting accepted or rejected within hours of submitting a tax return, it seems that TurboTax and State Department of Revenue are not on the same page and this seems like the Reps within Turbo Tax are not on the same page.

hallmail

Why is my return still pending?

Let me interpret

"We noticed that we screwed up the efile process and so we need to figure out how to fix it.  So to buy time we will tell you that we are going to help you fix the problem with your tax forms, because we are just helpful that way."

Grifinmill

Why is my return still pending?

Okay, so I filed both Federal and CA State on 2/16/21. Federal said it was Accepted within hours. State was pending for two days. I just got an email today (2/18/21) from TurboTax saying my state returns were rejected due to a software bug on TT's side.

I logged back into my TT software, were it did a large CA state software update and installed the update. I didn't see any kind of details (like it stated in the TT  rejected email below,) so I assumed that the CA state software update fixed whatever the problem was. TT said there wasn't any type of problem in Fed or State Review, so I E-filed the state returns again without fixing anything on my end.

Back to "Pending," status, and we'll see if they are accepted by California tax authorities by Saturday.  Waiting once again. Sigh.

See the email I got today:

We'll walk you through updating and e-filing your return every step of the way.

What happened

CA_Itemized - We've identified a potential issue in your California return due to an error in our software.

Next step

We'll help you update this on your 2020 California Personal return and e-file.

To update your return

Once you've opened your return in TurboTax, the details about what's causing the problem will be displayed.

From there we can walk you through making the updates you need and help you e-file your return. If we're unable to resolve the errors and e-file again, we'll help you get your return filed by mail.

eaglebrook

Why is my return still pending?

We have the same problem. It has been more than 48 hours. It is still pending, not "accepted" or "rejected". 

Nita95

Why is my return still pending?

so @Bullet1008   What are we suppose to do about the situation literally filed 02/03 and I'm pending still I'm getting annoyed with TT!!!! I don't think I'm filling with them again next year!!!!