Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why haven't my return been received or accepted by the IRS and i filed 1/13/21 and it says my return has been transmitted to the IRS on 2/12/21?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Why haven't my return been received or accepted by the IRS and i filed 1/13/21 and it says my return has been transmitted to the IRS on 2/12/21?

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to check your e-file status, as this is something we will not know. You will also receive an email advising you of the return being accepted or rejected. If you opted in for text messages, you will receive that also. 

How do I check my e-file status? E-file Status

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it. Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS.

Where's my refund

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS did not start accepting returns until 02/12/21.  It may take 48 hours or so for the IRS to accept your return.  For further details, please see the Help Article here.  

Well I early filed which was 1/13/21 and my return still says pending but transmitted on the 12th and alot of people are already seeing and getting updates that just filed this month.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Even though you filed early, the IRS did not begin accepting returns until Feb 12, 2021. 

Every return is different, so therefore some take longer than others. 

You can track the status of your return by clicking here

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

So any idea of when my return should get an update status it's already 2/16/21 I filed 1/13/21 and I'm only claiming my EIP that I never received 1st round or 2nd.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to check your e-file status, as this is something we will not know. You will also receive an email advising you of the return being accepted or rejected. If you opted in for text messages, you will receive that also. 

How do I check my e-file status? E-file Status

Turbo Tax will not have a status on your refund. If the IRS website says processing, this means they are working on it. Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS.

Where's my refund

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions

Well I can't check the status of my tax return because every time I do it says my information doesn't match. It just doesn't make any since to me at all. And then on the turbotax website/app the blue bar is filled but just a little so I do t know at this point. And its crazy because I was a early filer who is ONLY claiming the EIP that I never received. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean. What does pending mean?

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS. Where's my refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies