turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why haven’t I received my federal yet?

I filed on the 31st. I’ve received my state but not my federal yet. And it’s been past 24 days. It says it’s accepted but still nothing. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS accepts your return, all refund updates are taken over by them.  Therefore, we can't say for certain why you have not received your refund.

The IRS generally issues refunds within 21 days. If it's been more than 21 days, we suggest calling the IRS to inquire about your refund.  Go here for tips on reaching a live IRS agent when you call.

Keep in mind, if you claimed the EIC (Earned Income Credit) or ACTC (Additional Child Tax Credit), the IRS expects the first of these refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March.

Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for other tax situations that can delay refunds:  What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Once the IRS accepts your return, all refund updates are taken over by them.  Therefore, we can't say for certain why you have not received your refund.

The IRS generally issues refunds within 21 days. If it's been more than 21 days, we suggest calling the IRS to inquire about your refund.  Go here for tips on reaching a live IRS agent when you call.

Keep in mind, if you claimed the EIC (Earned Income Credit) or ACTC (Additional Child Tax Credit), the IRS expects the first of these refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March.

Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for other tax situations that can delay refunds:  What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 day ...

Lifesmoon

It is March 6, 2020 and I still haven’t received my Federal Income refund. Why is this?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Lifesmoon

Although most refunds are processed within 21 days of acceptance, some returns require additional review which causes a delay in processing. Please see Why do some refunds take longer than others? for more information. 

If it has been over 21 days since your tax return has been accepted, please see What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days? 

I called irs & they told me to call turbo tax because turbo tax is still holding it 

@Terrells1997 wrote:

I called irs & they told me to call turbo tax because turbo tax is still holding it 

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

I filed my taxes on Feb 3rd, my state and federal taxes was accepted I haven't gotten any letter stating why they is holding my taxes its been two months can you help me.

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@nelsonmccrimmon Only the IRS will be able to give you insight into why it's taking so long to receive your refund. However, the IRS' efforts as of late have been geared towards distributing stimulus payments. Once they resume normal operations, they will continue processing and issuing refunds. Until then, just regularly check their website for updates.

the_original_lau
Returning Member

I received my state but have not received my federal. How much longer will it be?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Only the IRS will knmow exactly when it will be released. 

You can track your return by checking the Where's My Refund website located here

If you elected to have your fees deducted from your refund, the IRS will send your return to Santa Barbara Bank, where they will deduct the fees and then deposit any remaining refund into your account. 

You can track your refund at the Santa Barbara website by clicking here

If it makes you feel better it’s January 1,2021... I efiled with Eitc tax credits on January 31, 2020. I don’t know what to do, I’ve got letters of 60 day review no action required, contacted my local congresswoman which someone from her cabinet emailed me back and talked to someone from irs and they said I had to exclude two of the jobs I worked at and verify using pay stubs so fast forward 3 months later it’s mailed me another 60 day letter no action required in October and still nothing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies