turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I send a 3911? will I get a papercheck my filling out this form?

IRS told me I need to print off a 3911 form and fill it out and send it in to them. Where do I need to send it and will I now get a papercheck?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

78 Replies
abicr

do you know the address where i can send this format?
Debra_H

Hi Mary, 

Form 3911 is Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund. It's a form that the IRS sends to a taxpayer who has contacted the IRS because they haven't received their refund. The IRS usually includes, with Form 3911, an envelope with the correct return address for the taxpayer to use for sending the completed Form 3911 back to the IRS. 

But if the IRS has instructed you to print and mail the form and you don't have that envelope, the form directs the recipient of the form to "Mail it to the Internal Revenue Service center where you would normally file a paper tax return. 

Where you file a paper tax return/mail Form 3911 depends on where you live. If you live in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, or Virginia, mail Form 3911 to the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service Center, Atlanta GA 3991-0002. 

If you live in Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, or Texas, mail to the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service Center, Austin TX 73301-0002. 

If you live in District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, or Vermont, mail to the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service Center, Andover MA 05501-0002. 

If you live in Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or West Virginia, mail to the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service Center, Kansas City MO 64999-0002. 

If you live in any other state, mail to the Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service Center, Fresno CA 93888-0002.

According to what I reviewed at:  http://www.irs.gov/irm/part21/irm_21-004-002r.html, it does appear that they will send you a check after they complete their inquiry.

I hope this helps to clarify your situation.  If you have additional questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this post. 

Thanks for trusting TurboTax with your tax preparation.

Debra 

najia_mir

I was instructed to print the form and mail it to IRS to get my refund as i never recieved it in the first place. I mailed it last week. keeping my fingers crossed that every thing goes smeethly.

hello can anyone help me please? i filled form 3911 after six  weeks the representative told me IRS never received the form that i faxed. Every representative will tell me different IRS center. I live in NY state can anybody tell me what to do ive  been waiting for 2 months now, im just so confused on what to do. first they told me fresno CA. Then now Missouri. Then just yesterday they want me to mail it to PA. It seems like they are giving me a hard time with the refund.

Fax it to Fresno  I just fax one Iam waiting now to

janet1991

Did they say how long before you receive your check
cnnamon

i called on 3/9/16 regarding my 2012 return (I live in tennessee) and the lady told me she filled in the form and mailed it to me to sign and return. I called today 03/21/16 because i didn't receive it in the mail. Turns out the lady didn't even send it. So i printed it out and faxed to 1  855  892  7588. they told me it would take 6 to 8 weeks to receive a reissued check after they verify it was never cashed in the first place. so i'm hoping they received my fax today. I called back after i faxed it to see if there was a way to verify they received it and the lady told me NO. She said we just have to wait around 10 days to see if it was processed. GREAT IRS SYSTEM WE HAVE!!!!!!! They sure check to see if you owe money and your payments are made, but there is no urgency in returning our entitled funds. smh

Fax number rejected my fax twice ... 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

I would use the link provided below to reach out to the IRS directly for assistance if the fax number you were provided with is not working:

Contact IRS directly

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After being transferred multiple times and being put on hold for multiple times, the IRS employee i spoke to said they no longer accepted form 3911 via fax. They want original documents as the required original signatures. SO the only option is to mail it to the service center to which paper returns are dispatched. 

Seems they keep changing the rules in mid game,, and they cannot update previous published guidance. But the fax number previously posted is no longer operational 

Stanley 

LINDAJEAN

Cannot find a mailing address for 3911 for a 2017 refund which has to be mailed because it is a joint return.  Of course, phone is down.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Here's a link to the IRS website with information on where to mail forms by state.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Please be aware (or someone correct me if I am wrong)..... if you have moved out of state, you should send the form based on your previous address used when you filed your taxes that you are requesting a refund

692rdh82

My stimulus check was stolen out of my car. Is this still the correct form to use for this issue?     Jill

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies