Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When I filed my taxes It asked me if I received My $600 stimulus check At that time I haven't received it What today it came in the mail Not sure why my other one went direct deposit But I need to cha

How so I change it any help plz
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
smvidales
Returning Member

When I filed my taxes It asked me if I received My $600 stimulus check At that time I haven't received it What today it came in the mail Not sure why my other one went direct deposit But I need to cha

When I filed my taxes I still haven't received my $600 stimulus check. Then it came in the mail after. So I need to change it on my taxes so they don't send it again. How can I change it?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you filed, it is like dropping it into a mailbox - you cannot get it back, even if it's pending.

You'll have to wait until your return is either accepted or rejected when the IRS starts processing returns on February 12.

• If rejected, you can make any necessary changes.
  • If accepted, you'll need to amend your return
  • To avoid unnecessary delays, do not amend until your original return has been fully processed.  You will need to print and mail the amendment.  
  • Allow 16 weeks for processing.

See this TurboTax FAQ for help with amending.

It is possible the IRS will process your return without rejecting it, in which case if you cash your stimulus check they will know and should automatically adjust your Rebate Recovery Credit, but it's impossible to know for sure at this point though.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
smvidales
Returning Member

Thank you for your help. It really helped me know what to do now.

MJ0509

Is this the same if e-filed?  I e-filed a week ago, the first of February and now a week later, my stimulus check arrived.  Shall I deposit it for "safe-keeping" until I'm able to fix this issue?

There is an update and you can get your return back and make corrections, if you can do this today.

How to Get Your Return Back for Recovery Credit Correction

@ MJ0509

@ smvidales

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies