LeeNos

What happens if you employer changes its name

we went from North American Refractories to HarbisonWalker international

DallasM

Not to worry!

If you got one W-2 for the year, then only that particular W-2 was reported to the IRS. Just enter the data that is on your W-2 and don't worry about the companies "name change." All the IRS will care about is that what you report matches what they received.

They will recognize the employer's name change on their end, and you will still receive the full amount of your return you are entitled to.

I hope this information provided you with some clarity and brought you some peace of mind. If you have additional questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to comment back and I will do everything in my power to further assist you. 

I wish you the best of luck moving forward!

DallasM

Not to worry!