turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

I filed 1/25/22 and received my refund 2/21/22. I filed 2 dependents. I was actually surprised because I’ve never received my refund so fast. I checked my transcripts back on 2/9 and My transcripts read a processing cycle code 05052022 (2/21/22) 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

The IRS issues most refunds from e-filed returns in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. If you show that your tax return is still being processed and it's been longer than 21 days, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance:

What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

@Jlee151

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2022 Dont want to cry and stress more but i am hoping for a little relief :(

Ok …I hope this helps everyone that has taxes Accepted and Under review!!!!  But NOT Approved and Sent yet. !!! …The IRS is way behind and is sending people the message taxes are still being processed… two weeks later they say taxes are taking longer than expected …(worried me) at this point , there is nothing you can do until you finally get a message requiring more instructions from the IRS  OR ..Approved and a refund date given. (bars come back as accepted) …I  made a simple mistake the IRS could fix and ..BAM ..just checked the Website…Approved and they gave me a refund date at the same time!…. Hang in there people..that live paycheck to paycheck… like me !!!hopefully you made a small mistake they can fix or none at all….(Feb22nd I was accepted , Feb 27th..processing, March 5th still processing..taking longer than usual, March 19 BAM Approved and deposit date set for March 23rd… hopes this really helps EVERYONE…(keep checking) !!!!! Jason…Arizona!!!!

I meant to say bars come back as approved

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

This means that the IRS has finished processing your tax return and your refund has been approved. You should see a direct deposit date soon. Continue checking the Where's My Refund tool on the IRS website. To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site here: https://www.irs.gov/refunds. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

@Spanky6969

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My sister filed hers like two weeks ago and go both her state and federal within a week. I filed mine on February 18 and still haven’t received nothing. Which is very weird to me. I double checked all my papers and everything before submitting too. I received my state refund but not my federal

@ kathyleanos7 wrote:

My sister filed hers like two weeks ago and go both her state and federal within a week. I filed mine on February 18 and still haven’t received nothing. Which is very weird to me. I double checked all my papers and everything before submitting too. I received my state refund but not my federal

How did you file your return--did you efile, or did you choose to print it out, sign, and mail it?

Any return pulled for an issue requiring a review and manual processing can encounter a delay.

If you efiled, double-check that your efiled return was indeed accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, log in and go to the Tax Home and check the efile status.

And what are you seeing displayed at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?

Here are some tips when using the IRS WMR tool:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

• For those who efile, be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.   For those who file a paper return by mail, wait at least 4 weeks after mailing before using the WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen that sums the two. 
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • If the WMR doesn't find your info, you can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

I e-filed using turbo tax…. Jason

Owensb42

I feel that,completed mine February 22nd. I mailed mine with the check to be direct deposit once they complete it but still haven't heard a single thing. Where's my refund tool, still nothing. 

Owensb42

Where did you hear or see that from? If thats true, that news is the most hope I've had these past 2 months and 11 days. 

You have to call market place and get the number they have and amend your return cause it most likely go rejected because of that

I sent my amendment off back in March through TurboTax e-file so will I get a check in the mail or will they send me direct deposit or do I have to print out the paper and do a paper file

All amended returns receive a paper check you probably won't get it til June they are a year behind just finishing January returns

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies