Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

• I totally agree with you!!! I mean this the time people really need their money. I bet you that they got theirs!!! July 13th, mmmm we will see😩😡😠😡😠🤬

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

What the holy f×÷×  vacation time?  My refunds no where near 5.  249.   Me n my dog.  But at my age and with a broken painful body work is hard to find!  I truly feel for those with children.  Its bs. We file late we get penalized.  I don't give a **bleep** they extended... gift to themselves. How many people are out of work and works be greatful to have a job to go too!  Businesses are shutting down, people are losing their shelter,  vehicles etc. Idgamfdamn. If we filed before April 15 we should have gotten ours by now!  I need every penny. I list my mind months ago when my oldest passed ah in my arms.   Money isn't important for me but I need lights, food and my dog needs his.   So whats up with getting the stimulus?  People don't work and got theirs plus many got thousands back pay unemployment.  Not me.  None of anything in months.   It amazes me how they sent out millions and millions of stimulus checks,  even dead got them, but the ones working with children etc get **bleep**. A friend who works daily,  years for the same company got a letter saying to prove his identity. Hasn't moved in years either.  Yet a few I know couch surf got theirs first wave.  I qualified for the eic but wow $120.  Bfd 

This is straight bulls+×÷

Preach!!! You are soon point. To tell the truth I'm glad that unemployment is stopping. They should have provided bigger stimulus checks. Sorry 1200.00 doesn't even cover my mortgage?!! This is a whole a mess. 

I filed Jan 27th still havnt received my check when I called they said it would be 4 to 6 wks well the time has come and gone and still nothing then when you try to call now they can't accept I have a family to take care of the same as they do

I filed through Turbo Tax in mid April 2020, and I am still getting the same message on the IRS site: Filing received and being processed. Is there any way to make direct contact with IRS for my specific filing? Can't believe it takes over 70 days to process a return. Based on the evaluation on the Turbo Tax system, my return was very low "risk" for filing.

@3211935 wrote:

I filed through Turbo Tax in mid April 2020, and I am still getting the same message on the IRS site: Filing received and being processed. Is there any way to make direct contact with IRS for my specific filing? Can't believe it takes over 70 days to process a return. Based on the evaluation on the Turbo Tax system, my return was very low "risk" for filing.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Here's the number and the steps to get ahold of someone at the IRS:

[1 (eight 00) 8 two 9 - 1 Zero 4 Zero] that is the number to call.

The automated voice comes on prompting you to choose a language once you've chosen your language preference the next prompt menu will come on you're going to choose option 2, which will take you to the next menu prompt where you will choose option 1,  on the next menu prompt you will choose option 3, then option 2. Then the automated voice will come back on and will ask you twice to enter either your social security number or your employer tax ID number  DO NOT enter anything. You will then hear another menu prompt and you will choose option 2 and you'll be taken to the final menu prompt and you will choose option 4, then the automated voice will come back on I will give you your estimated wait time for you to speak with an agent, just be patient an agent will be on the line before you know it!  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Yes you r right this Straight Bull SH$$

BryanD

I am in the same boat where waiting a long time (3+ months) for a refund after filing electronically; state came back quickly but not IRS.  Logging into irs.gov, never changes from "Your 2019 Tax Return Has Not Been Processed"'

I have tried the number and options listed and go all the way through but the few times I have done this (different dates and times), the finally step where you speak to an agent always comes back with a recorded message that "we are unable to handle your call at this time"

Are folks actually been able to reach someone in the last couple of weeks?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Once your return has been accepted by the IRS, the refund process is completely under the control of the IRS. The IRS says that most refunds would be issued within 21 days. But some returns need more processing and refunds will take longer, especially during these Covid-19 times when some IRS agents still work remotely.

Please read this IRS FAQ for more information.

This IRS document outlines IRS operations during Covid-19 times.

Please be patient, the situation will get better soon as some IRS agents are returning to their desks. You can check the status of your refund at this IRS web portal.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, I have definitely been able to get thru since June 1st.  I would advise trying early (they open at 7:30) or later in the afternoon.  I have never waited more than 30 minutes but they still have no concrete answers in reference to mine.  As I shared before, they have confirmed that they are still not working at full capacity and that things will be back to 100% as of July 13.  I am a single working parent of 2 that claims 0 to have the most taken out of my check as a type of forced savings, and have been waiting since FEBRUARY.  Never have I had any kind of delay.  I hope these federal employees enjoyed their paid holiday because they are going back to a disaster!  I also have asked if they pay any attention to dates, FIFO, and try to address those of us that have been waiting the longest first and the representative said that they do (for what little that's worth).  It's not any of these workers or Turbo Tax's fault but Lord, it's hard not to be nasty and want to blame and put someone on blast!!!

Just Got Mine This AM July 1st....And The Money That Was Paid Toward the TurboTax preparation was Left on My Taxes So Im Happy I Hope you get some justice soon

I read that thousands of IRS employees have to stay home due to Covid-19 precautions.  Very few are working, some at alternate locations.  A few are "teleworking", but there's union issues, training and certification issues.  So, not only are we not getting our refunds in a timely manner, but they can't answer our calls either.  

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I'm happy to hear that things are beginning to "work". Can I ask when you originally filed and if your status ever changed on WMR or did your refund just show up?

I ask bc that happened to me a few years back (no update on WMR).

Again, thank you for sharing, its a glimmer of hope on the horizon 🌅

Yay!  I'm happy for you.  Cross your fingers for the rest of us 😉

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies