Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does this mean?

With how the IRS is on the news these days with PP fraud and now there being audit to the working families this is just a waiting game at this point I’ve stop checking because it just gives me anxiety!! 

What does this mean?

2020 is a year after accepted,  2019 is 11 months.  Got a letter today that if I'm getting a refund it will be in 4-6 weeks from now. 

audreykey
Returning Member

What does this mean?

My 2019 amended tax return was received by the IRS on March 3, 2021.  I finally received by tax refund July 20, 2022.  I called several times and never got through.  I talked to someone on Jan. 3, 2022 and they said it had been assigned to someone.  It took over 7 months from that point to process the refund.  About 16.5 months total.

What does this mean?

UGH Brutal!

What does this mean?

Just weird the 2019 was adjusted and the 2020 was a month earlier. 

What does this mean?

I have the same message but been over 20 weeks I try the call the number and extension no one answer the call.

What does this mean?

Took 1 year,  they sent me paper work it was processed if due a refund in another 4-6 weeks but came finally after 2 more.  But for wrong year. Got letter for 2019, check was for 2020... online changed for 2020.

What does this mean?

@Dark_rabbi 

You would assume that the 2019 amended return would be processed first  but the system doesn't necessarily work that way.  The 2020 or 2021 amended return could process first even if all of the were sent in at the same time.

You have to understand that all the amended returns are not processed by the same person or even in the same office  or even in the same state so whichever office got the 2019 amendment to process is not doing so in the same time frame as the other tax years.  

What does this mean?

I didn't assume,  2020 got process date last month and a year and 2019 this month and a year ago.  The letter saying processed stated 2019 was processed and check in 4-6 weeks.  Nothing for 2020.

What does this mean?

Also both went to same office. 

What does this mean?

Did you get your refund

What does this mean?

Nope I haven’t get my refund yet this is ridiculous I call IRS number and the extension on the message but it meet hang up on me after in put in my SSN.

What does this mean?

Did you ever receive you return??? I am going through this same issue.

What does this mean?

Update: My amended return has still not been processed. February 28 will be a year how the situation is currently looking. I will keep everyone updated. Anyone else having issues? 

What does this mean?

@Lanroxan - did you check the Where's my Amendment tool? 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/wheres-my-amended-return

Also, the IRS amendment backlog was 2 million in June, it is down to 1 million as of November 5th, so progress!  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies