Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have recieved a letter from IRS claiming to prove my identity and to search section 4883C. Turbo Tax claims Im due for Return. Whats correct in this scenario?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnC11

I have recieved a letter from IRS claiming to prove my identity and to search section 4883C. Turbo Tax claims Im due for Return. Whats correct in this scenario?

Well, the IRS definitely wants to talk to you...they sent you a Form after you filed.  Chances are it has nothing to do with your anticipated return.

You used TurboTax to prepare your taxes and file.  Based on the calculations (from what you said above), you're expecting a refund. 

But...

You received Form 4883C from the IRS.

• This means that the IRS received your tax return but needs more information to process it accurately.
    • Call the IRS toll-free at 800-830-5084 for Identity Verification and have a copy of your prior year tax return, current return, and supporting documents like W-2s, 1099s, Schedule C etc.

If this helped you, please up-vote this answer so I know you were taken care of 100%.  If we need to work together further to get it resolved, please comment...we'll get it taken care of together.

I'm here to help.

View solution in original post

25 Replies
JohnC11

Well, the IRS definitely wants to talk to you...they sent you a Form after you filed.  Chances are it has nothing to do with your anticipated return.

You used TurboTax to prepare your taxes and file.  Based on the calculations (from what you said above), you're expecting a refund. 

But...

You received Form 4883C from the IRS.

• This means that the IRS received your tax return but needs more information to process it accurately.
    • Call the IRS toll-free at 800-830-5084 for Identity Verification and have a copy of your prior year tax return, current return, and supporting documents like W-2s, 1099s, Schedule C etc.

If this helped you, please up-vote this answer so I know you were taken care of 100%.  If we need to work together further to get it resolved, please comment...we'll get it taken care of together.

I'm here to help.

Got letter confirmes on presidents day. Nothing since. Says tax return still veing processed yeteveryone else has theres
iceman77-eg
Returning Member

I was told to go to my local tax office because could not generate enough questions to verify over the phone can anybody tell me what to expect.

I had to go to chicago…. to the IRS place in downtown chicago. Costed me 50$ in gas and 32$ for parking for an hour. I cried

I verified on the 26th of February and it still says processing.
samsd1983

Brinson598 it can take up to 9 weeks I verified mine today they said 6 weeks but can start checking where is my refund in 3 weeks you are few days short of the early mark to even check.  Some claim 10 days some 6 weeks also depends if you have dependents under 17 and how many the lady in office specific said anyone with children for claim they really research because ppl are using other people's children in past and none was true.  Patience give it at least 2 more weeks check the where is my refund then

I verified on 2/20 and it still says
Your tax return is still being processed.
A refund date will be provided when available.
samsd1983

It can take up to 3-4 weeks for that message to change I verified on 3/13 the irs lady said give it about 3 weeks then check " where is my refund

@samsd1983 thanks who did u call the irs verification hotline?
samsd1983

Greenboii2009 I did last Friday then they said they couldn't verify me on  phone so they set keep a appointment in person local irs office.  They say have at least 2 types id and this yr and last yr 1044 or other taxs and know refund amount and bank info.  I took my new drivers licence,  2 titles to cars a credit card bill and my buisness licence and this and last yr tax papers,  the lady only wanted my tax papers my licence that's it never asked my refund amount or second id to verify.  I asked her if she wanted more so this can be done properly she said no your verified since you have your tax info and drivers license  she just said start checking where my refund in about 3 weeks and it can take 6 weeks.  She said if there was any other issue it's by mail.. Only,  you will not come back here but she said verification a success  so now waiting game

Ok @samsd1983 appreciate it i should be getting an update soon hopefully
ChrisValor93
Returning Member

Still waiting. Verified on 2/19. I also paid extra with TT because it supposedly helped with preparing your refund. This is ridiculous . I also had difficulties receiving the debit card they provide. Won’t use TT next year.
samsd1983

I got my full  refund direct deposit 11 days after verifying  all good here
ChrisValor93
Returning Member

Must be nice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies