Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

samsd1983

I have recieved a letter from IRS claiming to prove my identity and to search section 4883C. Turbo Tax claims Im due for Return. Whats correct in this scenario?

It is.  But they also have up to full 9 weeks to send it . Always recommend open a bank account for direct deposit not debit card.  It's not tt it's irs that's holding up and unless there is a issue you should receive soon or another letter by irs . Most want it immediately go waist their money and cry later when rent is due or morgage . I'm shure you will get yours soon you still have till end of April  before the 9 weeks passes just keep checking or call
ChrisValor93
Returning Member

I have recieved a letter from IRS claiming to prove my identity and to search section 4883C. Turbo Tax claims Im due for Return. Whats correct in this scenario?

Thanks, that’s what I’m hoping for since I’ve received no further letters from irs. It actually has helped in a way tho because I’ve had time to think about what I really want to do with my refund, so yeah that was a really good point you brought up. Just frustrated still
samsd1983

Chrisvalor93 don't know your amount nor would I ask but a smart thing to do if the amount is substantial is pay most important bills like 2 months in advance.  Or pay as much on car note if you have one or 2 months rent.  That way makes life little easier to breath for bit.  I own a lawn care company not in any bind so I'll use mine for my childs needs since he is disabled and we make to much to qualify him for ssi for him.  Hope you gets yours soon
ChrisValor93
Returning Member

Financially I’m not depending on the refund. I was looking forward to the refund because of some investments I want to to make with the money. Also a family trip so I’m just trying to get all that squared away

I have already sent my tax returns in. The IRS said they wanted to make sure I was myself. They said they where sending a packet to prove myself. I never got it through the mail. And now I filed for my taxes and was asked to prove my identity through a packet in the mail and I never received it. I'm asking now what to do? I guess I needed to take a picture of my photo I.d. or something through a packet I never got. I'm extremely confused. 

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

Please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to find out the way they need you to confirm your identity.

@.Mitchmiller85

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have tried calling toll free number and no one ever answers. The letter said I only had 90 days. Please help.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@Lilovebug34 Click this link for more info on What to Do if You Get an IRS Notice

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
furlyghost2
Returning Member

I can never get the IRS on the phone to verify my identity, and my 30 days are running out. Is there anything else I can do? 

@furlyghost2 wrote:

I can never get the IRS on the phone to verify my identity, and my 30 days are running out. Is there anything else I can do? 

Go to this IRS website for the 5071C letter you received to verify your identity - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-letter-5071c-or-6331c

Or you can contact your local IRS office. See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1 or call 1-844-545-5640 to set up an appointment

Okay I just got the letter to verify my identity but the web page won't let me and the phone number constantly tells me to call back on a different day .... What do I do!? I haven't received no taxes or any of the three stimulus checks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies