Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cahwarren

Turbotax won't let me amend my 2020 return. I filed February 2017.

Hello!

I filed my return through TurboTax February 17th, 2021 and it was accepted by the Federal. My return hasn't been received as the IRS is reviewing it. In my most recent communication with them they said they believe that the issue is with my credits and that I should file an amended return. I tried to do this on TurboTax, and did find the issues, but when I go to submit it, I get the message: Based on the information you provided, you do not meet the qualifications required to use IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. The reason is: Your adjusted gross income is more than $39,000, and you do not qualify for the Earned Income Credit (EIC). If you don't qualify or your taxes are too complex for IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax please return to the IRS.gov to choose a free file product.

Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Turbotax won't let me amend my 2020 return. I filed February 2017.

At this late date you cannot use the free online program to complete the amended return and you cannot efile it either. 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to amend a tax return originally completed and filed using TurboTax - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies