Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrwhite

Turbotax W-2 Data Import Error Work Around?

Turbotax rejected my returns because of an error in their w-2 data import program, with instructions to resubmit after 11:59PM PST, January 30th, 2020, using the w-2 import.  While entering this information initially, I checked each w-2 for accuracy before submitting.  If I just delete and reenter my w-2s manually and resubmit the e-file, will my returns still be rejected (indicating another issue with their system beyond the w-2 data uploader's bug), or will they go through as expected?  Also, I received a discount for filing my federal return early.  Will I be refunded that purchase and required to pay the higher cost for not filing early if this bug pushes me past that deadline for early filing, or will my initial purchase carry over to this resubmission? If I will be charged again, when is that deadline for filing early and keeping the discount?  Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

You should not be charged anything additional resubmitting your returns unless you add other forms that would warrant an upgrade. You are welcome to delete the W-2's or edit the information that is already there. If you need to edit your W-2, please click here for step by step instructions. As far as resubmitting the return prior to 01/30/2020, I suggest you contact customer care for clarification. Please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detail description of your issue in the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Getmo903

I got an email saying I might have had an import error as well, but when I log into my account, it says my taxes have been accepted. & I don't see a way to delete any old forms or resubmit on my turbo tax dashboard anymore.

The options are limited as if everything is accepted properly... Should I reach out to customer support or let it continue to process?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Customer Care. Click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and detail description of your issue in the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies