Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax debit card is closed

I filed my taxes with turbotax in 2018 and I got the prepaid card. I created my account online and I cant remember if I activated the card or not but apparently I didn't because when I go to my account and try to activate the card it says card is already closed and can not be registered. Please call the number at the back of your card for further assistance. I have been calling the number on the back of my card for the last two weeks! No one has answered! It is only going to an automated recording! I can not request a new card through my online account it gives me this error message: The feature you have attempted to access is not available for this card. How can I get a new card to access my funds? How can I reopen the card that I have to use my card? The website is not helpful at all, because their are no options to choose. The only option is to call the [phone number removed], a number that no one answers.  For two weeks now I have called at different times of the day and still no one answers. I want my card reopened or another card. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies

The same thing happened to me and I have been calling, but can never speak to a live person and it doesn't even give you the option as you stated. I decided to go ahead and request a new card and hopefully, my stimulus check will be on there. Very frustrating to say the least.

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

I am sorry you are having to deal with all this.

If you no longer have access to your Turbo Visa Debit Card, don’t worry. If you have registered your card and know your login credentials, you can request a replacement card by signing in to your Turbo Visa Debit Card account here:  TurboTax Debit Card Report Lost or Stolen.  You will not be charged for a replacement card or check; standard fees will be waived or refunded to you.

If you are still having trouble, try this link:   TurboTax Debit Card Help

@tndpbaby

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Very frustrating!! I can’t even request a new card. I have never came across a business where you cannot speak to a live representative! This is aggravating. Hopefully your stimulus check will be there. Hopefully I will be able speak to someone or the irs will mail me a check. 

As I stated earlier I am not able to request a new card online or on the phone because the card has been closed! How can I speak to a live representative? The number on the back of the card doesn’t give you the option to speak to a live representative! I have tried every option! I need this card reopen so I can get my stimulus check! It states it was sent to this account. An account I cannot access! 

Sosadavid

the best thing to do is go to irs.gov and try to change the bank account I just talked to the card ppl and if it’s closed can’t open it she told me that the money will just go back to the irs my situation is different I got my stimulus check becouse I didn’t do my taxes this year so on irs it gave me a option to put bank information but , after that I did my taxes and used my turbo card but it was closed so idk what’s gone happen to my income tax 

So ive been trying to call as well,i have a card and its open, irs check my payment says it was deposited in my account april 15 2020 well its may 2 and its still not on the card.. What should i do 

branders

Did you ever figure anything out?

Hi! No, I never got in touch with anyone, so I ordered a new card. I still don’t have my check though. I’ve been trying to update my banking information, but the IRS site keeps saying that my information doesn’t match theirs. It’s very frustrating. I’m just going to see when they’ll send me a check in the mail eventually. 😡

I think their offices are temporarily closed down to covid 19. Which is still bogus cause I know they can have people working from home to address these situations.

Mines is similar to everybody else.

But its not for my stimulas I got access to my 2018 card account requested a new card no problem. But for my federal refund this year.

It had said it was sent on the 15 give it to the 20th.  After the 20th I'm waiting. Mind you I have two open accounts with the turbo tax card.

1 I don't think I ever used. And the other for my 2018 return. So as time goes by. I go back into my return only to see that they were supposed to send me a new card. But of course they didnt. Cause the account number is different on my return. But all of them have the same routing number which let's me know it went on a card. But a card I never got. So I got through the automated system only to go through the promp i never received a card. Cool enter in my information. Only to be told I have multiple accounts please give last for of the card I'm requesting for. Well f#ck me bro.

Cause I don't have the last for of a card that never freaking came to me. I been trying to get in touch with customer service cause this happened last year. But it was a simple boom verify your address. And the amount on the account. My social date a birth and boom.

They sent me the card with my money on it. So if they don't plan on opening up their customer service support until the pandimics over at least make it to where its more user friendly online. Or freaking hire people from home. Idk but this is a bunch of bs. Like every other customer service is working but the irs and facking turbo tax.

Did u ever get your refund or another card?

Jayda

Has your issue since been figured out? If so how were you able to get a hold of someone? I've been dealing with this (or trying to) since the end of May. They closes my account with no notice and funds in it. I have had no access to the funds , get the same error notice under each of my options I cannot even look at account information for myself yet they proceed to take monthly fees from my money.

ockrcons

It says my account is closed, and I am supposed to be receiving my taxes tomorrow.  When I go to request a new card and enter in all my information I keep getting an error message.  Every time I try calling the customer care line it hangs up on me. Please help. I have 4 kids and need this money!

Hotcoco77

My card was closed without my knowledge also.. Why?

@Hotcoco77 wrote:

My card was closed without my knowledge also.. Why?

No one on this forum or from TurboTax will have any knowledge about your debit card account.

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Visa Debit Card, visit TurboDebitCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

The Turbo® Visa® Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation. Intuit and Turbo are trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies