turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ladyrhim

Trying to figure out where is my stimulus payment it has not been received yet . but I have received a letter.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Trying to figure out where is my stimulus payment it has not been received yet . but I have received a letter.

TurboTax will not have that information. The stimulus deposit comes directly from the IRS. If you received the letter, then the stimulus payment was sent. You will want to contact the IRS directly.

Telephone Assistance: IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time. For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

IRS Telephone Assistance

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If your payment was issued by direct deposit, your first step is to check with your bank to make sure they didn’t receive a deposit.

You should request a trace on your Payment if Get My Payment shows your payment was issued on a specific date, but you have not received it and it has been more than:

• 5 days since the scheduled deposit date 
  • 4 weeks since it was mailed by check to a standard address
  • 6 weeks since it was mailed, and you have a forwarding address on file with the local post office
  •  9 weeks since it was mailed to you at a foreign address

The Get My Payment tool cannot be used to initiate a trace on your payment. See EIP FAQ #59, How do I request a Payment Trace on my Economic Impact Payment?  for more information on a payment trace.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-freque[product key removed]ions

A59. If your payment was issued by direct deposit, your first step is to check with your bank and make sure they didn’t receive a deposit.

You should request a trace on your Payment if you received Notice 1444 or Get My Payment shows your payment was issued on a specific date, but you have not received it and it has been more than:

• 5 days since the scheduled deposit date
  • 4 weeks since it was mailed by check to a standard address
  • 6 weeks since it was mailed, and you have a forwarding address on file with the local post office
  • 9 weeks since it was mailed, and you have a foreign address

Do not request a Payment trace to determine if you were eligible for a payment, the amount of payment you should have received, or you have not received a Notice 1444 or a payment date from Get My Payment.

How we process your claim

We will process your claim for a missing payment in one of two ways:

• If the check was not cashed, we will issue a replacement. If you find the original check, you must return it as soon as possible.
  • If the refund check was cashed, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) will send you a claim package that includes a copy of the cashed check. Follow the instructions. BFS will review your claim and the signature on the canceled check before determining whether they can issue you a replacement check.

You will generally receive a response 6 weeks after we receive your request for a Payment trace, but there may be delays due to limited staffing. Get up-to-date status on affected IRS operations and services.

A trace on an Economic Impact Payment (EIP) follows the same process as a trace on a tax refund. To start a Payment trace:

• Call us at [phone number removed] (you may experience long wait times or recorded help because our staffing is limited)

or

• Submit a completed Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund (PDF)
  • If you submit the form and you are Married Filing Jointly, both spouses must sign the form;
  • Write “EIP” on the top of the form and complete Sections I, II and III;
  • Answer the refund questions as they relate to your EIP;
  • When completing Number 7 under Section I, check the box for “Individual” as the Type of return; enter “2020” as the tax period and leave the date filed blank;
  • Mail or fax the form to:
If you live in… then mail to this address… or fax to...
Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, VermontAndover Internal Revenue Service
310 Lowell St.
Andover, MA 01810
[phone number removed]
Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, VirginiaAtlanta Internal Revenue Service
4800 Buford Hwy
Chamblee, GA 30341
[phone number removed]
Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma, TexasAustin Internal Revenue Service
3651 S Interregional Hwy 35
Austin, TX 78741
[phone number removed]
New YorkBrookhaven Internal Revenue Service
1040 Waverly Ave. 
Holtsville, NY 11742
[phone number removed]
Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, WyomingFresno Internal Revenue Service
5045 E Butler Avenue
Fresno, CA 93888
[phone number removed]
Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, West VirginiaKansas City Internal Revenue Service
333 W Pershing Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64108
[phone number removed]
Alabama, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, TennesseeMemphis Internal Revenue Service
5333 Getwell Rd.
Memphis, TN 38118
[phone number removed]
District of Columbia, Idaho, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Rhode IslandPhiladelphia Internal Revenue Service
2970 Market St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
[phone number removed]
A foreign country, U.S. possession or territory*, or use an APO or FPO address, or file Form 2555 or 4563, or are a dual-status alien.Austin Internal Revenue Service
3651 S Interregional Hwy 35
Austin, TX 78741
[phone number removed]

Note: Do not send anything other than a Form 3911 to the fax numbers above.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies