Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

We have identified unusual activity and for your security, we have placed your account on hold. To release this hold, please verify your identity by providing a copy of the primary taxpayer's identification. Secondary taxpayer ID's will not be accepted. If you do not complete the verification process within 5 business days, you may need to work directly with the IRS. The verification process can take up to 7 business days for TPG to review your ID. We will send you another email regarding your verification status once your ID has been reviewed. You can log into your account at taxpayer.sbtpg.com for updates regarding your tax refund.

How to verify my information

If Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (TPG) identifies unusual account activity in relation to your tax filing, you will be asked to verify your identity.

Why would my refund be placed on hold?

Here are some reasons that we may hold tax return funds:

An incorrectly entered bank account number in your direct deposit information
    Using a bank account that belongs to another person - most banks have fraud-prevention measures that won't allow a direct deposit into an account bearing a different name

How do I release the hold on my refund?

Please follow the instructions in the email or visit <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.sbtpg.com/netverify/index.html">https://www.sbtpg.com/netverify/index.html</a> and follow the instructions to verify your identity. You can also get instructions for how to verify your identity in the refund status section of your account at taxpayer.sbtpg.com.

Your documents will be reviewed and you will receive a confirmation email once your identification is uploaded successfully. Get status updates by logging onto your account at taxpayer.sbtpg.com
sdijaz3

I’m starting a class action law suit against Santa Barbara Tax group. How many people would like to join me?
sdijaz3

In fact we should sue Turbo Tax too. How dare Turbo Tax play with our finances and keep these fraudulent people on their accounts
dwmmlm

It's a real scam. I sent complaints to the AG, BBB and Gov't Reps before finally getting my federal refund from these jokers. I would say TurboTax might be more guilty in this as they're using their customers and selling them this horrible product. Shame on you TT.  BTW - TurboTax doesn't care so you're just spitting into the wind.

You can avoid all this (and save the extra charge) by paying the fees upfront.
dwmmlm

I am aware of that now. Thanks

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group is holding my refund due to "unusual account activity". Which puts me in the exact same situation, experiencing the same run around as other posters. I have submitted my ID and called both TurboTax or Santa Barbra Tax Group. I paid extra for TurboTax Max and I am being mistreated by the companies that are paid to protect me. There is obviously a group of us costumers in the position, are you, or do you know of a good Class Action Attorney? In my opinion what is happening seems very premeditated.

Sad that TurboTax is still defending them as legit! I guess when you screw up so badly, it's hard to accept it and do what's right for your customers.

I went thru Santa Barbara my dd is Feb 23 and they received my refund todsy from irs and have released it to my bank I'm just waiting for my bank to update

They've had our refund at Santa Barbara bank since February 15 I've sent pics of drivers license and still nothing I want to talk to a lawyer they can't do this can they??!

Try emailing them and telling them that your attorney is now involved.  That's the only thing that eventually worked for me.  I responded to their fifth request for my ID with a refusal, and they then said that they'd have to send the refund back to the IRS.  I told them to do it immediately, that my attorney was now involved, and then in a few hours got an email from SB saying that the hold had been released and that they were depositing my refund into my bank.  I can't believe that TurboTax is affiliated with such a scam of a bank.  Best of luck.

@anniem17184  who did you email? I want to also tell them my lawyer is getting involved so SBTPG will release my money.

I emailed:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="mailto:support@tpg-taxpayer.zendesk.com">support@tpg-taxpayer.zendesk.com</a>>     Hope this will work for you too.  Best of luck.

Hi @anniem17184. Thank you for responding.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies